Shooting over Carrion

Yep there sure is, try and be in range at the first light of day.
I have kiled more coyotes than you could haul off in a truck over the years while I was on the ranch this way.
I would find a dead cow that they were eating on and then then next morning I would real quietly slip in against the wind till I was in range.
I have shot one like this many times and just have the others jump back and stare at the fallen yote. Gives you time to whack at least one more, although after the second one drops even the dullest critter generally figures they better make some tracks out of there.

I have shot coyotes all hours of the day and night over a bait pile. If you can establish a place and keep it stocked with all manner of dead animals the coyotes will soon forget about timing. Many come in the morning, but not necessarily that early. Depending on what is going on, like on a dairy farm, they like to come when the chores are done and everyone, including the farm dogs, are in having coffee. They are also very fond of coming in just after dark.

Glad to here this guys, I just found a dead cow (fresh) on a farm I hunt yesterday evening. I'll see if I can get back there.

------------------

Back