coon hunting

d2admin

Administrator
I recently read an article aboutusing coyote howlers for raccoon. I must admit I was skeptical at first but I proved myself wrong. I found that by walking quietly along creek bottoms and stopping every 200yds.then howl, bark and yip for a couple minutes. Wait a couple more minutes then start shining trees for eyes. Next step, start shooting. I took 5 the last week of season in short amount of time.

here is a trick i use fot white tail deer blow your hardest on a prediter call a they come out of the brush have to be quick to shoot but you do see a lot of deer give you ideas for the next day ,in oregon it works

You can get a coon squaller and do that or I have even called them out of tree right into the hounds waiting and barking at the bottom. The squaller sounds like a coon that is in a bad way and and gets them all excited. That way you don't have to educate all the coyotes in the country with howls and barks. Also squaller can be used for backup coyote caller.

------------------
DDD

HI,WFOX243 I have been hunt coon for years. Any Noise will send them up the trees. Some are scared and some just want to get a look at whats making that noise. A red or amber len really makes it easy to spot them.

Back