Az Congresswoman Shot This A.M.

Originally Posted By: redeyeddawgIs Obama a moderate in your opinion?
No, I would call him a liberal although not as far left as some people seem to think. I have seen some on the left that are calling him a moderate.

MODERATE??? heck I just blew chunks when I read that one from HB & RimR.

And more from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. The Arlington Ma police removed a local businessman's Firearms Lic, confiscated all his firearms and ammunition due to his posting on an internet chat board. It appears he made some cold statements I cannot repeat (really I can't) due to the thought police. We have lost here in MA please do not lose in the rest of the free world. Local news was trumpeting this loud & long as an example of the rightwing hate/vitriol blah blah. But, no word on the Dem douche in Tucson saying: "you're dead", to a Tea Party member and then being taken into custody and involuntarily committed Nah not that. But lets get the guy in the internet chat room he is dangerous.

T2G

T2G

Local Station WBZ Channel 4 CBS affiliate had it on tonights 11pm News(local time)
No BS, they took his lic, guns & ammo due to an internet posting Uh oooohhh.

T2G

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerOriginally Posted By: redeyeddawgIs Obama a moderate in your opinion?
No, I would call him a liberal although not as far left as some people seem to think. I have seen some on the left that are calling him a moderate.

Then why would you vote for him knowing McCain is a moderate?

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerOriginally Posted By: redeyeddawgIs Obama a moderate in your opinion?

Ignorance is bliss.

Quote:No, I would call him a liberal although not as far left as some people seem to think. I have seen some on the left that are calling him a moderate. The last course I took in Political Science demonstrated very clearly that regardless of where a political figure starts out in their administration (and this applies, to a degree, even to hard line dictators) that they will eventually slide more to the center of the political spectrum, just to keep the general population under reasonable control....

Usually the Fanatical Extremes at either end of the spectrum never get into power for long, as they either can not garner enough votes or develop enough protective base/detail to prevent a violent overthrow...

It's those that enter the political arena a little, or lot, off center in either direction, that come into power and then start to move to center based on their desire to keep power and work to please the populace...Even though they may be lining their own pockets in the process...

Quote:Where on the scale does a moderate communist rank in relation to a moderate democrat?

RIGHT

* - Me
* - Genghis Khan
* - Barry Goldwater
* - Teaparty
* - GOP
* - Blue Dog Democrats
* - NAZI Party
* - Moderate Democrats
* - Moderate Communists
* - DNC
* - Mao Tse Tung