Winter Camo

d2admin

Administrator
Well apparently it is winter time here in Central Oregon. I got about a foot and a half of snow at my house in the last week.

In the hopes that this will help somebody out in the -what kind of camo to get- department. I just wanted to throw this up and let all of you see how well the predator camo blends in here when we get a snow. It is not much to look at but when you get out there with the sage and weeds poking through the snow cover it blends you in nicely with the terrain.

I have had coyotes stare holes through me (using mouth blown calls) at 15 yards, that's a fun experience.

My shotgun is a 12guage stripe camo painted tan and drab green.

wintercamo1.jpg

wintercamo2.jpg

Sorry that the quality of the pics suffers. My camera is cheap.

Makes me cold just looking at the flics!!!!
Whats the pattern?
I'm lookin' in a Cabela's catalog and don't see anything like it.
BRRRRRRRRR!!!!
If it snows here this year like it did last winter I'm going to need something just like that.

Spinner,
What I want to know is,where did you get the white gloves?I can't find them anywhere and want a pair.Look like heavy cold weather ones.Just what I need.Thanks.
KYOTIKID

------------------
US PREDATOR REGULATORS
IOWA CHAPTER

I did some research on the camo wear and actually had to order it direct from Predator themselves. The pattern is "Fall Grey". It is not warm, just a heavy cotton jumpsuit! I wear full on surplus army woolies underneath it.

The gloves are wool and they are "Genuine Ragwool by Majestic". They are not pure white but that grey/white blend. They actually blend in really well though. I could tell you where I got them but then I'd have to kill you. Just kidding. They are from my dad from BNSF Railroad. Doubt you could get any that way.

www.predatorcamo.com

[This message has been edited by SpinnerShark (edited 11-29-2001).]

Oh BTW, the gloves are the fingeless type with the mitten flaps over the fingers. I wear white poly glove liners underneath them. Guess where I get those!
biggrin.gif

Spinner,
I found the gloves on majglove.com.Do yours have a # on the tag,like #3427 or #3428?Thanks.
KYOTIKID

------------------
US PREDATOR REGULATORS
IOWA CHAPTER

Nopers, the only number I find anywhere on there is RN8726B and it doesn't seem to match any number on their website or any other search that I did. Sorry!

------------------
Matt/Spinner

Thanks Spinner,much appreciated.Let,s see more photos as you get those critters.
KYOTIKID

------------------
US PREDATOR REGULATORS
IOWA CHAPTER

For more info on Predator White Camo and other options, check into my post titled WINTER WHITE CAMO in this forum. The Winter White Predator Camo works even better in snow than their Fall Grey Pattern.

It is always hard to get White Camo hats. I know that Cabelas used to sell white camo Jones hats. I like this kind of hunting hat because when you walk through heavey cover your hat does ot get knocked off like it will when you use a hat with a bill. Other than Predator Corp clothing. Most times hunters have to just settle for an ole white stocking cap. If anyone knows of a place I can get a Jones hunting hat in white camo please let me know. Thank you.

Hay guys... the snow camo gloves/mits your are looking for are from Whitewater Outdoors. Their number for the gloves will be HWS-9899, the UPC #041973158831. They are Advantage Snow, with flip open mitts to expose your fingers. They are Thinsulate and come in small, medium, large, and x-large. You can find them at Gander Mountain. I know, I just bought a pair!!!!

Bass Pro Shops also sells the mittens and a snow camo facemask. Cabela's has a snow camo coverall (insulated) in their own Snow Shadow pattern. MI VHNTR

Spinner...
I've never found any gloves like that!! Where do you live and when will you be gone from the house???
My "snow camo" is nothing fancy... I got a "coveral" suit from a local bakery. (They gave me one - some factories use the same kind of coverall!) It's all white with a hood and footies. I cut the footies off, but left the hood on.
It's big enough to wear a lot of clothes under it to stay warm (as warm as I can!)
I took some flat paint (black, brown, gray) and spray painted patterns on it, then hung it out for a couple of weeks in the weather to air out the paint smell. Don't know what it's made of - some kind of rip-proof jazz but, I already had the paint from a daughter's school project and the coverall suit was FREE. This thing rolls up into a cylinder about 2" x 8". Check out your friends who might work at a local factory or bakery and see if they can hook you up...

Hi I am new to the site and new to coyote hunting. I grew up in Alaska and go to school in Eastern Oregon. I was really impressed with Natural Gear Camo (www.naturalgear.com). Has anybody given that a try? What do you think? I was thinking about picking up a set.
Thanks -J

Welcome to the board!

I have not tried Natural Gear. What I can tell you is that I did a lot of research on camo, and have come to the conclusion that if you cannot clearly see the pattern from more than about 30 feet away then you might as well be wearing solid colors. And not that solid colors are bad, as many people who have been hunting a long time have told me. But my preference is to camo patterns that give large broken patterns to make your torso seem a different shape than it really is. Look at the military to confirm this, you don't want tight patterns but irregular broken shapes. They have been doing it for longer than any (I hope) of us have been alive.

Again, just my $.02.

------------------
Matt/Spinner

baumerj,
I own a set of the NatGear winter camo, and I swear by it. I not only wear it for predator hunting, but Pa law does not require orange in flintlock season, so it doubles very nicely. They also make hats in the same camo. Top notch stuff in my opinion. In fact last year my hunting partner almost stepped on me while he was moving to a new location.

Timberghost... I am in Erie, an I use the Natgear winter also! I just got back from a long trip and I am dying to get in the woods!!! Have any luck yet?

JA,
haven't been out much lately, with muzzleloader and all. have been out three times all year and have bagged 4 reds, and 2 coyotes. after next week, i'll hit it pretty hard.
i am located about three hours south of you, in Somerset area. just got pounded with 8 inches of the white stuff. should be pretty good to go out in a day or two.

Can't kill what you don't shoot at!!!

Timberghost, we only got about 3" more on top of about 24"... I am heading out this weekend (or one night this week if I can talk the wife into it) . I just got a 22 Mag barrel for my Contender. I am going to try the CCI with the Speer TNT's hollow points in it. I just went to Gander Mountain tonight and put a 30mm dot scope on it... it is going to work out just fine
smile.gif

JA,
that sounds like a pretty sweet rig!! i opted for the encore rifle with the realtree stocks, and barreled for the 17 remington. that lil' bugger will shoot one hole if i could hold her there!!
the red dot is a good choice. i am looking at going with a holo sight, but i have to scratch up some fun tickets(money), because the future wife decided i needed new socks for christmas instead of a new toy!! boy, marriage is going to be fun!!!

Save a tree, Eat more beaver!!!

Back