trigger on TC Venture .204

Passmore

cant get my trigger to adjust down to 3lbs like it is supposed to, lowest i can get it is 4.6-4.8lbs pukk. any suggestions? should i just have a dif trigger put in?

I never adjusted my trigger, it was nice right out of the box. Mine is defintley set lower than 4# though. I would tell you to call TC but... Well we just wont go there.

I never adjusted my trigger, it was nice right out of the box. Mine is defintley set lower than 4# though. I would tell you to call TC but... Well we just wont go there.

The trigger on my Icon adjusted as advertised. If you call TC, I would call at 8 AM eastern time on the dot. I had an issue with my Icon that required it to be sent back to the factory. TC customer service treated me perfect but I understand everyone has not been as pleased with their level of service.

mine was set at just under 6 lbs. i called em and they said i would have to take it back to the dealer that i bought it from, this was after being on hold forever. so far i am not impressed

Originally Posted By: Passmoremine was set at just under 6 lbs. i called em and they said i would have to take it back to the dealer that i bought it from, this was after being on hold forever. so far i am not impressed

It only gets worse. Hate to be negative but I have been having issues since october.

Maybe TC should stick with single shots? I know that more than just myself hate plopping down Hard earned $$$ only to get something that doesent work as advertised. Regardless of Brand, a product should work from the start.

i planned on puting a dif trigger in it anyway but havent found one yet. any suggestions? couple guys have the 22-250 and the love em and they shoot great! got mine grouping just under an inch but want a lighter trigger especially when thats what they say!

Originally Posted By: Passmorethanks getfoxy ill do that. id really like to have round the 2-2.5lb mark

The factory trigger is designed to have an adjustment range of 3.5 to 5 pounds. Any lower than that and you will need the services of a gunsmith or an aftermarket trigger(if one exists).

I have been using TC products since the 80's and have always found their products to be top notch and customer service to be excellent. IMO, TC's customer service has went down hill since S&W took over. I was told by one of TC's reps in August that there are now only 5 customer service reps at TC Arms.

yeah i realize that but VAhuntr but the rep i spoke to told me 3 to 7 lbs. and said they come set a 5.5. i cant get mine below 4.5 and was just saying id really like around 2lbs but since i cant even get it below 4 i might be better off with a new trigger all together

Originally Posted By: Passmoreyeah i realize that but VAhuntr but the rep i spoke to told me 3 to 7 lbs. and said they come set a 5.5. i cant get mine below 4.5 and was just saying id really like around 2lbs but since i cant even get it below 4 i might be better off with a new trigger all together

I have never spoken with a rep from TC concerning trigger weights. The literature and their own website states 3.5 to 5 lbs. I would let a competent gunsmith look at it or send it back to TC.

Edited to add: I don't think you will be able to find an aftermarket trigger for the Venture just yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Passmoreyeah thats what i didnt understand VAhuntr. good gunsmiths are rare round here lol

I know what you mean. Most of the good ones around my parts have cut back on what they will do because of their age. A few younger ones around but they lack experience.

Good luck on getting your rifle working as advertised. If you call TC at 8am eastern time you might have better luck. The customer service rep from TC who was very helpful to me was "Peter".

Right outta the box the trigger on my Venture makes the trigger on my pre-accutrigger Savage seem lame. And I used to like the trigger on the Savage!!

CB

I took the barreled action out of the stock and made the adjustments similar to a M700 trigger. Initially i made the manual recommended external adjustment but didn't fit my liking. Just make sure to do all the function safety checks prior to firing. A gunsmith would not have any problem sweetening the trigger on these if you want to go that route. Oh, and they shoot really good after you get a few rounds through them!
thumbup1.gif

I agree they are shooters.I have one in 270 and it will shoot under an inch or way better all day long.Its a very nice gun for the money.

Bill/WI

trigger adjusted and shoots great. under an inch pretty easy on sticks and half on the bench. gunsmith got the trigger to 2.6!

Back