JERRY MALBECK your optima

gj

View

Jerry this is what your new optima looks like.Depending on the mail you should recieve it thur or fri let us all know how you like it. Thanks! gj. www.moaammo.com

------------------
moa@reloader.net www.moaammo.com

[This message has been edited by gj (edited 07-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by gj (edited 07-05-2001).]

gj
I'm going to move this post over to other calling equipment so all members will see it.
Looks like a great setup
smile.gif
MP

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Its saturday night, 7-7-01 and the Optima is sighted in dead on at 50 . Going calling in the morning to a place i have not been in a long time . Its sure to be a good day . My buddy Mongo has been seeing alot of coyotes in the area the last two weeks , and he just cant stand it anymore . we are meeting at 4 A.M. and with a little luck , The Optima will be recieving a good test . Ill post the outcome tomorrow . Jerry by the way GJ is a great guy to do business with . he went way out of his way to help me get the Optima set up on my A.R. He made a special mount for me , so i could mount mine just like he has his . I cant say enough good about his business ethics . Thanks Gary , For all your efforts . Jerry .

Jerry, if that is sighted in at 50, that is on the upside of the curve. Any idea where it is "sighted in" on the back side of the curve? With a regular rifle, where the scope is, say, 1.5" above the bore, dead on at 25 will often put you dead on somewhere around 200.

With the higher scope, and trajectory crossing line of sight at 50, do you know where it crosses the line of sight the second time? Or do you know what velocity you are getting? I have been thinking about getting a similar piece and "inquiring minds want to know." ;-)

chile : I use mine for under 50yd shots at yotes 50 and up I use the scope .I rezeroed mine to 30 yrds . If I get a chance tomorrow ill shoot it at 100 yrds and let you know the point of impact.gj

[url=mailto:moa@reloader.net

Thanks, gj. That is kind of what I was thinking. So if your target is leaving the area, you have to remember to be like one of those "Top-Gun" fighter pilots who always says every thing twice. As the target gets out around 75 yards you holler out "I'm switching to scope! I'm switching to scope..."
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Chili also remember this is mounted on an ar-15 which by design has to have the scope mounted to extreme height to begin with. A standard rifle would not have these extremes.

How did you know I was an x TG pilot? gj.

------------------
www.moaammo.com

Back