Sight Pro

Pecos

Either this is fairly new on the market in this area, or I am just slow in finding it, either way, I thought I would let ya'll know about it.

A few months back the local sporting goods store got in a device called Sight Pro. The idea behind it is to illuminate the crosshairs of your scope. Being sorta skeptical, I talked the owner into letting me test it. Well bout a dozen night hunts later I finally paid him for it.

It is powered by a triple A battery and shines a light through a fiber optic lens that causes your crosshairs to, for want of a better word, "glow". Anyway they become highly visible. It straps on the back of your scope and is entirely out of the way. After using it a couple times I forget its there. It has an on/off switch and you can adjust the light. Cost here was $34.95.

I am very pleased with it and recommend it.

Be sure and check regs in yore state to see if its legal to use such a device.

Pecos

------------------
pmcatsig.gif

Pecos,

Sorry I didn't see yoru post before I made mine, I paid 24.95 for mine and will keep it, I use a NightBlaster light and red lens on my rifle and I just could not get the two insink with eachother? Was I doing something wrong or could it have beeen the red lens?

wildoats

Howdy Wildoats,

I don't know as you are doing anything wrong. I have used it with and without a red lens and have not had any problems.

It maybe my technique, I always hunt at night with a pardner, we take turns working the light and callin.

Normally we sit about 10 to 20 feet apart and the caller/lightman is a bit behind the shooter. Maybe that is why it works for me. Will try a few experiments and see if I can duplicate your problem.

It does work extremely well just before dark or daylight or on bright moonlight nights.

Pecos

------------------
pmcatsig.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

wildoats, I think you may be getting some feedback from your light if it is scopemounted. I have a problem with that on hazy or dusty nights. Try running another light, like with a partner, and see if it helps out any. Good luck!

------------------
B.Pierce
yotewalk.gif

Sight-pro seems to be a nice thing to me.I do some hunting at night(for Foxes) and this might be a big help to me.Its much cheaper than buying a scope with illuminated reticles.
Can you give me some more information about it.Can you use it at nights with just a little moonshine?Is the light adjustable down to nothing?Can you use it in daylight to?Do I need some mountings?I will use it on a Leopold 3-9*50.Looking forward to some answers.

Peter,

I will try and answer all your questions.

1. Yes, you can use it at night without any light.

2. Yes, it can be adjusted for any intensity you desire, although, it works best when you have it turned down as low as possible.

3. It does not work in daylight.

4. No, there are no mountings needed. I comes with a mount it is basically a hose clamp that is coated with some type of plastic or rubber so it will not scratch yore scope.

5. It works best on a dark background. I have found it works best with a red lens. I have found that it works best if you have some kind of shade on the light and/or the light source is to one side or behind you. I use mine always with a hunting pard and we take turns working the light and call. I have found it to work best before first light until just before daylight and from sundown to complete dark. The local gun shop here sells them for $34.95,but I have heard of them selling for $24.95.

The manufacturer has a website at this url:
http://www.getsharp.com

Hope this helps.

Pecos

Pecos
Thank you for answering my questions.
That was all the answers I wanted.
I have send an e-mail to the manufacturer asking if they have a dealer in Sweden.
If they haven't,I will order from some dealer in USA.

Peter

Back