Gun Camo Directions

On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate this tip a good 12.5!

You went through a lot of effort to explain each step very clearly and the photos are very well done.

Thanks for one heck of a good tip on a subject often asked...
wink.gif

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Ya know what CoyoteUgly? Those are such good directions I think even I can follow them. Thanks for sharing.

I've got a 26" stainless steel Lilja barrel ordered for my .17 Remington. The barrel will be fluted too. I am going to see what it looks like (shiny, reflective, whatever) and if it needs a camo job, I've got your page bookmarked so I can go back and read the directions again.

I wanted to thank you for the e-mail response the other day, Robert.
I got the Ruger hanging in the shop as I type this, drying with her first coat on.
I have to tell you, whacking that stainless barrel with a spray bomb was a pretty frightning experience at first. But she's looking pretty good so far. I'm getting antsy.

Thanks again,
~River Runner~

Coyote Ugly,

Those were some great directions and photos on how to camo a rifle. I am seriously considering doing this with my predator rifle if I can get up the nerve! My question is do you or does anybody else know will Leupold still stand behind the warranty if you spray paint one of their scopes? Before I paint the scope I would like to know this. Thanks again for the good info.

------------------

Ah, good question. I emailed Leupold to find out the answer. See attached email below. I will update the forum as soon as I get the results.

The other question I would ask yourself is this. Do you ever plan on taking the scope off of the gun? If the answer is yes or I don't know, I would not spray the scope. Take a camo material and wrap the scope with it. Same results, just no paint. The rest of the gun can be done. Just mask the scope off entirely and start painting...

Hope that helps... R.

EMAIL TO LEUPOLD CUSTOMER SERVICE:
I have a odd question for you. I am talking to several people on a predator hunting board that want to know if a Leupold scope is spray painted to camoflage it and something happens and it needs warranty work. Will you still cover it. Basically, does spray painting void the warranty?? Any info you have would be great. Thanks, Robert R. Moore

Lonny, nice to see another Idahoan on the board. There are a few of us starting show up.

I have an idea, why dont I come up there and we go stealhead fishing and we can decide what color to paint her... Robert, Boise.

Just heard from Leupold:
---------------------------
To: "'guide@SaguaroSafaris.com'"
Subject: Leupold
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:52:22 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
X-UIDL: 3c160e20b338f8ade37379203f524726

Mr. Livesay-
Painting the scope will not effect the lifetime guarantee that we offer.
Our guarantee covers all manufacturer's defects. There is a gentleman by
the name of Jim Spradlin ((719) 275-7105--e-mail: [url=mailto:spradlins@prodigy.net)

Critr and Coyote Ugly,

Thanks for checking that out about Leupolds warranty. I should have known better than to think they might not warranty one of their scopes.

Robert- Good idea about the steelhead fishing. With my luck steelhead fishing I might as well bring my rifle to the river and paint it there because I should have plenty of time to get all the coats of paint on before I catch any thing.
wink.gif

------------------

Back