Wiley E __bipod__??

River Runner

I guess I didn't really need to start a new topic for this but I wanted to be sure and lure in Wiley E.

Say...Wiley, I recall you talking about a calling gun in a different area of the forum and you mentioned using a Rugar 22-250.
Is this with a synthetic stock or not?
If it is....tell me how you fastened your bipod to that rifle.
If it's like my Rugar M-77 Mark II it doesn't have a swivel stud, it has a Ushaped clip that takes it's place.
I refuse to use that Barrel Clamp adapter they have out.

Talk to me buddy.....

~River Runner~

Riverrunner, I do not shoot a Ruger. I have 3, .22/250s. A new Remington Sendero (sp?), a Sako, and a Remington 700. They all have swivel studs. Wiley E

River runner if you really want a swivel set up just yank that silly U shaped thingy off ofthere and drill and epoxy yourself a swivel stud in your fore end.

....didn't know that was possible. I'll have to check that out.

Thanks Craig
biggrin.gif

RR, Here you go. Go to the sporting good store and get yourself a threaded post with a nut on it. They make them. Maybe $3.99.

Pull the barrel/action off the gun. The Ruger stock is hollow on the underside so the nut can be screwed on and have plenty of clearance below the barrel.

Put a bit of lock tite on the threads before you tighten it down. I drilled mine approximately 2" back from factory D ring swivel. Maybe about 1/2" in front of the foremost screw that is embedded in the stock.

Here is a picture, that will be easier. It is a bit hard to see cause the bipod is on and I aint taking my gun apart for you...

See if this helps. R.

View

Dang, I think I just noticed blood on my gun. Wonder how that could have happened??

Another thing, RR. When you buy the threaded post, all of them I have bought are too long. Just thread the nut all the way on and then cut it too the right length with a hack saw. Unthread the bold and the threads aren't messed up.. R.

ya know?????...Rob, when I was looking at your pictures for doing the camo job I noticed that you had your bipod where I wanted MINE.
Nice pod by the way...looks just like mine
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info, off to Cabela's I go.

~River Runner~

Back