Camo

Leonard,

When I'm hunting and get my ghillie snagged on something I smile. It makes me happy because then whatever I get snagged on becomes part of my camo, whether it be sticks, weeds, etc. Natural vegatation is the best camo available! (And it's all free)
biggrin.gif

Barbed wire however doesn't make me smile, that is when I get p.o. because that only tears your suit up.

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

ryank, I can't wait to see you smile when you chamber half a piece of rag along with half a cartridge on that followup shot.
smile.gif

I hope you continue to smile when all those rags flop down blocking your sight picture in your scope.
smile.gif

And, in desert country, consider teeth camo because you will be smiling continuously, every step of the way.
smile.gif

Just kidding you. But you have to realize there is a downside.
smile.gif

Good hunting. LB

edit: sorry, meant to say something about how hot those suits are, during warm weather, some worse than others, of course.

[This message has been edited by Leonard (edited 03-29-2001).]

Hey Leonard,

I thought everyone knew that ghillie users always smallbase resize so the cloth strips won't bind the action, hehe.

I always try to make a sight tunnel when using the shogun. My scope usually keeps the burlap out of the way. There sure are some trade-offs but it's fun...

Leonard,

You made some good points there, especially about them being hot!
biggrin.gif

But as for me.. I am sticking with my rags.

RK

------------------

Originally posted by Craig Hamilton:
Any one have any ideas on this? I thought of spraying them with camo paint , but that would be a little extreme would it not..

I wear glasses and reflections was a concern also. I had some light weight camo material I picked up at the local sporting goods store. I usually wrap my scope, barrel and stock with it.
I got a pair of cheap clip-on sun glasses, cut a 1/4" slit in each lens. Then I used rubber cement to attach the cloth to the sunglasses. I cut the cloth a litle long and then cut strips up to the bottom of the sun glass. These hide my face at the junction of my face mask and the glasses. they also move in the wind.
Does it work? I was on a stand, deer hunting, dressed in my 3D camo, etc. This truck came down the trail, I waved at the passenger when they were 10' away. He was very surprized. He said he had never seen anyone in camo before, said I scared the stuff out of him.
Al

[This message has been edited by Al Streicher (edited 04-03-2001).]

In Minnesota I hunt a variety of terrain from SW plains to NW hills to NE woods. Further there are two seasons, winter (7mo) and not-winter(5mo). So I use a mix of Natuarl Gear Snow, Evergreen, and Bushlan Classic Brown.

The question is guns. I see pictures with guns both with and without camo. If you are going to use cammo on you body to hide, I believe that you should do the same for your gun. I use an AR and I do not want to have two different "painted" guns (one for winter and one for non-winter), and the cammo tape that I currently use is a pain to put on and take off(it's like Duct tape), but is workable for non-winter cammo.

Somewhere I read about some tape used for wrapping horse legs that would stick, it was white, but was easily removed. Where would a "city dweller" find such tape? Is there like some kind of horse supply web site or supplier that would know what I was talking about (without laughing!).

Sure took a long way to get to a simple question.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by shotgun (edited 04-03-2001).]

shotgun, I have a similar problem in the UP of MI finding snow camo tape. I recently picked up some Johnson & Johnson first aid tape the is the just the thing for camo in winter. It is a soft, flexable, stretchable white tape that is 2" wide. It sticks to itself and doesn't leave an adhesive mess behind. I have put it on and taken it off of my rifle a couple of times, so it's somewhat reuseable. I'll have to go to the store tomorrow to get the name and price for you, since I tossed the wrapper away already. It isn't too expensive, and I believe that the roll was $3-$4 for 10 or 20 yards of the stuff. MI VHNTR

[This message has been edited by MI VHNTR (edited 04-03-2001).]

Hey Shotgun,

I LOVE THE WAY YOU DESCRIBED MINNESOTA!
biggrin.gif

RK

------------------

Craig H: Damn I'm in trouble now. I went to the site you posted and bought 3 different kinds of tape ($1.50 a roll), a hat(Stetson onsale), new boots (40% sale), etc......the UPS trucks will be here Thursday and with enough tape to do a dozen guns, my truck, the JS call, and the dogs
wink.gif
(it is breathable tape).

ryank: was it accurate?

mivhntr: thanks, I'll let you know about this tape, it comes in all kinds of colors. You could hide in blueberry or strawberry patches, orange groves, etc.....

You guys crack me up,
tongue.gif

I've never used a Ghillie suit before,(now there's a word that the ole spell checker never seen before!) but I have a partner that does. I still like Ryanks idea of wearing a hat under the hood of these things. My partner wears a hat that looks like something out of Crocodile Dundee under his and loves the way it keeps the rags out if his eyes.

SHOOT! I just chambered a piece of rag!
THAT was good Leonard.
biggrin.gif

Later..
~River Runner~

Shotgun,

It was, and always will be a very accurate discription.
biggrin.gif

RK

------------------

Back