el trio del cato. haha (pict)

ksboy2

you guys aren't gonna believe our luck. today, (wed) when we checked our traps guess what was waiting for us? yep, cat number three. this is the third cat we have caught since sat. this one was in the same set as cat #2 gosh i love trapping the breeding season. i am nearly certain this cat was checking the "dirty" set from the last catch. if i had "bobcat in heat" sound for my js caller i would be using it right now. needless to say my son and i were both elated. i let payton (he in nine) dispatch this ole boy. payton made a great shot on him. man........i'm lovin' it.

100_0241.jpg

You gotta love that feelin with your son. Ain't nothing like it.
Nice catch!
What kind of set and lure did you use?
Michael H

lure was feline fancy from prairie wind lures in clay center kansas
bait was a cottontail carcass.
set was what we call the chicken wire cubby. i took a piece of chix wire three feet long and made a 12" tube out of it. open on both ends. pry a stick in it for support and wire the bait in the center of the tube. bed a coilspring in front of each opening, guide sticks. i cover the set with cedar branchs to detour trap theives/birds of prey. hand a feather or fur above for visual. lure goes 3 ft off the ground near the setup. this has been our best setup this season. thanks
ksboy

Back