Pet loads for .222 Remington?

+1 on the Waters book, I have pulled a few loads from it.Originally Posted By: jonbearmanIf you want a good book for good loads try: Ken Waters PET LOADS volume's 1 and 2. You can get them at brownells or midway I believe.He did alot of testing for the .222 rem.

I use to use 50 gr Blitz w 23 gr of H322 for 3250 fps. Was a very accurate load in my 788 until the lead in my bullets started killing the condors in our state. Now I am looking for THE load with the all copper bullets. Anyone find it yet?

maaax, i've tried the 36 varmint grenades outta my model 70 .222. its a 1-14 twist. does not shoot them well at all. i'm hearing barnes is /has come out with a 30 grain all copper which may be ok with a 1-14

19.7 gr. IMR 4198 52gr Berger match and CCI BR-4 primers in Win. brass. Works wonderfully in my older Rem 700 BDL. Start low and work up. Contrary to popular belief, Bergers shoot fine ,sometimes best with a little jump vs jammed in the rifling.

This is a great thread I had to resurrect it to ask a question I just got a old Sako in 222 and at 25gr of 335 it will shoot dimes but then starts to vertical string at 25.5 yet at 26 it seems to tighten up a bit is this normal to have fluctuations like this with 335 while working up charges? Oh 40gr sierra bliztking bullet btw an rem. 7.5 primers

Back