8 year olds take on High fence hunting

I think there is a diff. between high fence, and can hunts. I was talking to a guy from Texas that has a 35,000 acre ranch that he high fenced to keep wild hogs out more than keep the deer in. He has no feeders out, and does not supelment their food in any way. I would think that was evey bit as real hunt as any where. I know another gur that lives in North Carolina that hunts a 30 acre woodlot that is surrounded by houses. He knows every deer on sight. Even though the deer are not fenced in by a fence they will not go past the houses very far. Does that make it a high fence hunt. I would think it would be more than the ranch in Texas.

courtgus, its obvious what type of person u r considering ur comments. any time u want a real hunt, id be more than happy to charge you 5k to come shoot a real deer, instead of one you can fit in a suitcase like they grow in texas. buuuuuut you would be bored and want your money back in 10 minutes cuz you couldnt shoot a deer 300yds away with your high power or be mad cuz theres no fence to stop them

Flat lander, if you knew what kind of person I am you would be paying me 5k to hunt with you so I teach you a thing or two.

The way I see it, either everything is acceptable or nothing is.

If we argue amongst ourselves we are only helping the other side.

'Divide and Concur' is the most used play in PETAs playbook.

I am sorry I started this train wreck, it was a comment I found myself chuckling at when he said it so matter of fact. I should have known with such a volatile subject. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and safe travels during the Holiday Season! Now off to a Christmas Party and going to enjoy a few beverages(2 houses down no driving!!!
thumbup.gif
) Just remember we all love to hunt no matter how we choose to do so, just because one mans method is different than another mans doesn't mean the other is wrong.

ftdjr ...lol.. Don't worry about it. Passions run high on some subjects.

High fence is one of them. Not eveyone agrees with high fence. It all depends on how much land is behind that fence. 4 fields inside of a high fence sounds like a for sure thing.. That is until you consider that each field is 14,000 acres (that is just four fields or pastures on this particular ranch).. I don't care where you hunt that is not and never will be a "canned hunt" or a "for sure thing".

All that I would personally ask is that you tell him that not all high fence operations are cheating.

Back