Ga Boys

I did'nt know that they made it legal, but I've never really had any problems using a 12v light before, but I hunt mostly cattle farms so we do whatever to keep the Yotes in check.

Yep, they finally did away with the 6 volt rule. Now if we can just get them to let us use centerfires on bobcats and foxes...

Huh, I'm in georgia, But have never gone calling yotes and can't really drive myself to do it since im 14.
But I will try to convince the fellers at deer camp to let me try after hours next time we go.
Sure-fire G2 Nitrolon at work..

The only confusing part of the new rules update here in Georgia indicates that the light must be part of a belt or head system when hunting fox and bobcats. However, there is no indication on the same requirement for yotes. I use hand held spot lights when hunting yotes and I'm just waiting for a DNR agent to roll in wanting to ticket me for not using a belt or head mounted system. Way I figure is that as long as I'm only pulling down on yotes, any light system that I use is legal. If I'm going for bobcats or fox, then I would need to use a belted or head mounted system.

I think the regs say handheld or cap or belt mounted.

My interpretation of this is that vehicle lights are not permitted. This may also apply to gun mounted lights, but since the gun is handheld, I don't know.

Only mentions cap and belt mounted for fox and cats. For coyote, it indicates that they may be hunted at night, but does not indicate a specific light set up. I figures that means that if I can carry it in some form or fashion, it's legal.

Last edited:
Back