Official Broadhead Damage Thread

Originally Posted By: Zack BeamNo I could have sat and watched her lay there and try to bite the arrow out untile she eventually bled out, but I wont watch an animal suffer if I can do anything about it.

Originally Posted By: JackindistressOriginally Posted By: Zack BeamFirst entry for this season...

You had to shoot her twice?

thumbup1.gif

Dont get me wrong there are large coyotes here but on average they are about that size she was maybe 25-30lbs or so. Ill kill just about any coyote I see I dont discriminate because of their size lol
tt2.gif

Im about 6ft and 180lbs so that might make her look alittle smaller
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Rubenator But there are a few things the south does have that is better than the north and thats fishing, those sweet southern bells, and that fine southern cooking.

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!!

I spent 2 years up north and dont plan on going back...the southern lifestyle is the only one for me!

Originally Posted By: Song Dog AssasinOriginally Posted By: Zack BeamOriginally Posted By: Flat Land Coaxerzack beam, awesum shot! are all yotes that small in Alabama?

Thanks!

For the most part yes...she was about the average size that we kill down here.

Maybe it's just the camera shot, but man does that yote look small. It has to be a pup, not? If that's you average size what does a small one look like, a kit fox? I'm not trying to put down your excellent predator kill, just making an observation about what must be the genetics of your yote population. I've seen a few coyotes in Mississippi, closer to the Louisiana side, that would dwarf that thing, and would rival most the yotes we have here in Minnesota in size. So there has to be more to it than just a North or South thing. But any coyote is a good coyote. Congrats!

You are right, more to it than a North/South thing. Here in AR. some of our Coyotes are large indeed. Arkansas, NE TX & SE OK was a last stand for the Red Wolk in it's nat. enviorment. The AR G&F in the 70's said the Red Wolf was bred out of existance with the Coyotes. i have seen some that would leave you to believe that & I see some that are just Coyotes like you would see in WY where I also hunt.
As far a Deer are concerned, alot of AR Deer are exceeding 200# these days, esp. on Crowley's Ridge & White River & other river bottoms where pop. is kept in check.

Back