Guys check out this post

Just keep in mind guys, this is the kind of guy who shoots your dogs, or swerves his car just to hit one crossing the road. Some people like to believe that the people who do these things are not outdoors men, or are anti hunters, but the reality of it is, they are our fellow hunters, who wish to shun us, because we enjoy working with dogs. They envision a bunch of fat old sloppy drunks running around destroying their hunting. I have seen countless deer lay in their beds, and never move while a pack of hounds races by within 200 yards. I have seen coyotes travel miles to see what the barking was about while a pack of dogs were running. By managing your pack properly, you can run all night, and hear a heck of a race, and never kill a coyote. Kind of like catch and release. We are not destroying anyone's hunting, they are trying to destroy our hunting.
Thanks for showing us this post Duane. It is good to get a reminder every once in a while that there people out there trying to destroy the things we live for.

I'm going to chime in here instead of there.

All I have to say is divide and conquer. It works every time.

When it comes to guns and hunting, I am in favor of all types, even if it is not for me.

When our hunting and fishing is gone, then what will we argue over?

Jesse, I could not agree with you more. I would have responded to the thread, but I think I will just sit back and bite my tongue. There is an a**hole everywhere you go.

Tim

In many areas Coyotes are out of control and need the populations knocked down.

Now more than ever.

It's a traditional, legal and effective method of hunting them.

Pretty much all is fair in War..

Well said Nufo,

It takes more talent than i have to work with dogs like that, i know several guys who run lions and they have an amazing way with their dogs. I ahve never had the priviledge to do it, although i have a bird dog. At least my dog retrieves birds for me, you guy have to work twice as hard a keep track of the dogs and the animals you are after.

keep it up guys. people will always try to kick dirt in others faces to distract from thier own inadiquacy.

Fin

I hunt coyotes with running walkers, if I didnt have my hounds wouldnt be near as fun. This guy doesnt have a clue what hes talking about.

I dont have my own hounds but on ocassion I get to go with a few people in the area. More coyotes get away then what we shoot but for the most part but I have had a lot of fun. The groups I have gone out with are a good bunch and watching the dogs work is awesome. I'm looking forward to getting out with them as soon as the snow starts to fly.

I have a running bet with anybody come go lion or bear hunting with us and IF you can make it to the tree and still think its an unfair or unsporting way to hunt ill quit. had a couple of people take me up on it and im still runnin my dogs.
Most people that spout bs like that dont have a clue.
Steve

10-4 Steve
I went bear hunting last year in Idaho and out of 4 trees we only had one that was easy and all we did then was take pics and let it be for another run!!
The first one was down the side of a mountain. It was a easy mile walking to the tree and after taking pics we had the mile walk all back up hill!! Oh My God!! I am sure glad all we did was take pics of the bear!! LOL
The blond that my son shot was a 1/2 off the road but was all up hill to the tree so that made it better coming back with the bear!!

Vargy

Vargy yup bear huntin will usually weed em out pretty fast. Most of the time when they tree it will be the roughest nastyest place on the mountain.
Steve

Hi there i was the op for this thread, And i was only explaining the way I saw coyote hunting with dogs in my part of the country. In no way Am i saying it's not ethical, just seems funny to watch 10 plus trucks going down the same road and people shooting out of their trucks chasing a coyote down a fence at 40 miles an hour it just wasn't hunting in my oppinion I'm sorry to of offened anybody. I don't know how it got to lion and bear hunts with dogs thats hunting no question about it. I would never shoot a mans dog Jesse. But maybe I am An A#&^!) for Not liking road hunting but if a man can get out of his truck and shoot a coyote i got no problem at all with it.

Dan, the hunters that you are cussing, are not the "norm",
they are the "exception". I brought your "op" here for all the dogmen to see what was being said, so they could give their side of the story.
Maybe after hearing from some of the "dogmen", you can see how we do things???
Just cause a guy, or group of guys, that own dogs does things a different way, doesn't mean we all do things that way.Most dog men are very "stand up". Get to know a few, you might like them.
No hard feelings, you made a point, and have seen the counter point. Thats what the board is for, "everyone to express their ideas".

Dan you wont see me shooting out the window cause I dont even carry a gun!!
If my hounds cant get the job done it will be there to run another day!!

Vargy

WOW! I didnt even read that entire thread and it made me angry. Are people forgetting these are coyotes that we're talkin about here? This is predicted to me the last mammal to survive on earth and people are dogging on how to hunt them. Idk about everyone else but I think trapping is the most unethical form. With hounds the yote is killed by the dogs or by a gun instantly correct? What about the people that dont check their traps for 72 hours! even 36 hours! Do you realize the amount of stress and pain that yote is going through in that time? what about completely wiping out coyotes in an area with huge trap lines? I AM NOT A HOUNDSMAN NOR DO I HUNT WITH DOGS OF ANY FORM! However I think it is completely ethical to do so and praise those who can make it work! If I could afford to keep them, I would have coon hounds and coyote greyhounds! I have been exposed to all forms of hunting and animal harvesting and people that want to be down on houndsman are ignorant. This is an amazing group of men and k9s and is a dieing breed in this day and age. I respect all houndsman or dog hunters that are successful. Those who have not experienced it would never understand!

Last edited:
Back