Why is it some companies just stink?

d2admin

Administrator
I have ordered from Optics Planet twice now, and twice now it has been a complete disaster. First time they double billed me, this time it was selling a product and not having it in stock and billing me anyhow.

I have ordered online for most everything I buy and by far they have been the worst, lady I spoke to this morning could pin down the date for delivery or when they would refund my credit card.

I know some have had good dealings with them, but I am done.

Rant over.

I'm surprised to hear that. I love Optics Planet and they usually have some killer deals.

Small shop though that I think ships a lot from the channel and not from in house.

I will not order anything from an on line dealer if they do not list in the description whether the item is or is not in stock. Not listing whether it is or is not in inventory is a bunch of bunk IMO. They simply will not get my business.

I do not like alot of the practices at Midway, however their web site is fantastic. And easy to navigate. As well as instantly knowing the inventory. I will give them accolades for that.

I wish Natchez and Graf would simplify their sites. Natchez is a nightmare to navigate. Tom.

I was wanting a DNZ extra low mount and Optics Planet had it for$ 49.99 with free shipping. I then get the it is on hold email, I call and was told that they didn't have and the vendor doesn't even have it. I called DNZ and they are closed until Monday message, so the lie she told me about talking to DNZ was exposed and that really ticked me off, called back to speak to a supervisor and was told there were none available until Monday.

Got online and ordered it direct from DNZ, I just wish most companies would run them like the customer was number one instead of the dollar.

I feel your frustration. If you want to experience the mother of all online purchasing nightmares, go ahead and order from a company called Botach Tactical. It was only after my problems began with them, that I found the pages and pages of negative reports about their practices. As far as I could tell they bill you, ignore you for as long as they dare, then lead you along saying things are just backordered, all the while holding on to your money (earning interest somewhere no doubt)until you finally demand it back. Then they issue you a refund without ever shipping you a product, or even intending to. It happened to me and a bunch of others. I basically floated them an interest free loan for $160 for 3 months! I swear I even got a prank phone call from their "customer service" department after I left a complaint along with my phone number. No joke. I don't know how they can still be in business.

Originally Posted By: Song Dog AssasinI feel your frustration. If you want to experience the mother of all online purchasing nightmares, go ahead and order from a company called Botach Tactical. It was only after my problems began with them, that I found the pages and pages of negative reports about their practices. As far as I could tell they bill you, ignore you for as long as they dare, then lead you along saying things are just backordered, all the while holding on to your money (earning interest somewhere no doubt)until you finally demand it back. Then they issue you a refund without ever shipping you a product, or even intending to. It happened to me and a bunch of others. I basically floated them an interest free loan for $160 for 3 months! I swear I even got a prank phone call from their "customer service" department after I left a complaint along with my phone number. No joke. I don't know how they can still be in business.

I had to close out a Visa check card because of dealing with Botach Tactical. They never billed me, never shipped and wouldn't cancel the order. The only way to guarantee I would'nt get terribly screwed was to cancel the card.

I've never had problems with Optics Planet but I'm finding better deals elsewhere lately.

Last edited:
Many companies like Sportsman's Guide and Optics Planet dropship alot of items that are high $ to stock like optics. We generally stock everything on our website unless notated. Honestly, I don't know if drop-shipping is worth the hassle most of the time. It is quite a pain, lots more customer service interaction and more issues to quell. It kind of takes the "quick and easy" out of online orders.

I've ordered items from Optics Planet a few times without any issue, but never ordered anything big $$$ wise. Just rings, scopes, bases, etc in the past.

Called DNZ this morning, they had over 30 units in stock ready to ship and the nice young lady informed me that Optics Planet is a limited stocking dealer, meaning they only stock the most popular part numbers. I could have handled the drop shipping, but not the incessant lying.

I know this isn't gonna make you feel any better, but I've great success with Optics Planet. I've had lousy service from companies others have mentioned. But I concurr with the BS lying and false advertizing some companies pull. I recentl;y bought a new scope (or so I thought I had) from a company advertizing scopes on the Internet that offered free shipping. So I placed an order, paid through PayPal and got a confirmation number and receipt. Thank goodness I used PayPal. I heard nothing for for 6 days, no emails no nada. So I called them at the number on their website and got an answering machine with a request to call me with an update. Two more days passed no nada. Left another message and email request to call me...no nada. Finally on the 11th day I contacted PayPal and filed a complaint requesting return of my money. Within three hours of filing with PayPal the owner of the company contacted me via email with all sorts of apologizes and stories. They returned my money and wasted my time.

The moral of this sob story is, sometimes its your turn in the barrel and no matter what you do, once a piece of crap...alwasys piece of crap. No matter who the company is, some folks just cannot win not matter what!

Good luck my friend and don't feel like you are alone!

Originally Posted By: RetooferabI'm in the run around phase with Botach now. I guess Monday I will tell them where they can stick there order.

Pace yourself, it's more of a marathon than a sprint.

Originally Posted By: claimbusterIn addition to Optics Zone, I've had great service from SWFA.

+1

I was just there two days ago and they treated me like VIP no kidding.. absolutely the BEST customer service I have ever had.. They are great with online orders and over the phone too.. I would definitely shop around then give them a call.. they are the IT guys to go to.. just my .02

-Juan

Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD Natchez is a nightmare to navigate. Tom.

I used to do a lot of business with Natchez. Now I usually give up on the site and go somewhere else.

Back