Ron Paul Votes With The Dems?

Some proposed legislation is written in such a way that the end result can be really a lot less, or totally different, than what a representative wants, or has promised...

When that is the case and confronted with a vote, it's sometimes better to vote to knock the bill down and re-file one that contains the specs that you believe in having..Or, if it provides substantially what is best for your constituents, with a couple of short comings, then vote to pass it, and re-file an amendment later...

In the case above, if nothing is done, all tax reductions will expire Dec 31 and taxes will immediately go up for a large number of people that really can't afford it...And, it's doubtful that it will pass the Senate anyway....

Rather than seeing the taxes go up, I would prefer to see the federal government in a position where reductions in the bureaucratic staff were dramatic, in order to move toward a balanced budget...Just as I have to do with my personal budget...There are a lot of things that I would "Like" to have, but forgo due to the lack of funds to purchase, in favor of paying for the items that I "Need"...

Back