Lyman® 1200 DPS 3 Digital Powder System

I have the Lyman and it works great. I put it beside a friends RCBS and it was faster. Plus I haven't had any problems with it. I can't say the same for my friends RCBS.

I have the Hornady Lock & Load that sells for under $200 at Grafs & Sons, Has same guarantee as RCBS & has Featutes That I like such as speed control, etc. You might want to check it out, glad I did. Bman

Originally Posted By: larri would spend about $30.00 more and purchase the rcbs chargemaster combo. natchez has them for $279.99
natchez link

Ditto.

I had a Lyman 1200 and the annoying "beep" after each powder drop made me want to smash my unit. My unit eventually died and I replaced it with an RCBS.

Wow, what a huge differance! Faster, better features, and you can turn the annoying "BEEP" off. Wish I upgraded sooner or just started with that unit first.

The Hornady looks like the same unit, but cheaper in price.

My DPS III crapped out after a couple of weeks. Traded for an RCBS. It lasted about 6 months and then crapped out. RCBS sent me a new one that has been going strong for close to two years now.

My RCBS 510 has been flawless for 15yrs and my 1010 has been flawless for about 25 years.

Gravity vs. Asian electronics, you decide.

I started with th Lyman and had nothing but trouble with it. Thankfully bass pro traded me for the RCBS. So far I am very happy with the RCBS.

Have the lyman too! Been going strong now for a lil over a year with zero problems on the plus side it will throw a charge in the time it takesto seat the bullet!

I have the Lyman also. Over 1000 rds loaded with it and no problems yet. Like dogman said, it will throw the charge in the time it takes me to seat the bullet.

(Wow, what a huge differance! Faster, better features, and you can turn the annoying "BEEP" off. Wish I upgraded sooner or just started with that unit first.)

I Have a 1200 lyman and you can shut the sound off .
There is a button on the button panel thats Reads Beep Off .

I have had no Probs with it . and have no reason to bash on been a good unit

Last edited:
Back