52 yard kill with my New Airgun!!

crowpopper

well the girl across the road(i went to highschool with her) just called me up and said she saw a squirrel going into her eves of the house and asked if i could take it out. Me not one to leave a person in need hangin, said no problem.
I grabbed my bino's and went out on my porch roof(which it outside my bedroom window) sat up aginst house where people on the ground cant see me after 10 mins i see the nutter emerge from her eves. i wait until it gets away from her house and perches up on a huge maple tree, the tree acts as a back stop for my pellet if i miss which is perfect for me. its a long shot nut i take aim hlod breath s i start to release my breath i squeeze when the crosshairs settle on the tree rat. 16grain polymertipped pellet enters on the edge of gut but it was quartering away and exited near the front leg through the ribs. When i cleaned the thing up i noticed i took out his liver and clipped his heart. It was a weird angle but perfect for anchoring him.
SANY0005-4.jpg

SANY0004-3.jpg

Last edited:
Man....I really need to look into these air rifles....they seem like the perfect fix for living in town and keeping critters out of my garden.

I've been eyeball'n air guns for sevral months now, they sure aint the air guns we had as a kid, some of these things are some sweet look'n/shoot'n guns.

thanks guys
i regretfully sold my gamo hunter 1250
i had that thing fully tuned and reworked
i made a 106 yard kill on a skunk and a 91 yard kill on a grey squirrel with it

Yea, it's not good to leave a damsel in distress. You did good coming to her rescue, oh, and you made a good shot too.

I like the looks of that rifle.

lol,
something like that
i had to come to the rescue again after our snowstorm here
im out snow blowing
she was shovleing and havin a heck of a time with the scrapper bank
so i snowblowed her driveway out lol

its working to my advantage also as she says anytime i need a sitter for the kids to give her a call
she has a boy same age as my boys and would work great for an evninghunt sometime lol

Originally Posted By: crowpopperI regretfully sold my gamo hunter 1250
i had that thing fully tuned and reworked
i made a 106 yard kill on a skunk and a 91 yard kill on a grey squirrel with it

Crowpopper,

What did you have done to the Gamo Hunter Extreme, and who did the tune up work for you.

My Gamo HE is very accurate, but I would like a different trigger.

Any ideas?
smile.gif

Thanks,

Ron

Back