I Never Thought I Would Be Saying This About The N.R.A.,but....!!

Originally Posted By: ozzyDig a little deeper dude.

Don't know how much deeper one can dig than to go directly to the source:

http://www.nrapvf.org/upcoming-elections/Nevada.aspx

Next click on "Senate" and explain to me how a B rating for Reid and an A rating for Angle translates to an endorsement for Reid???????????

Edit to add:

Quote:Statement From NRA-PVF Chairman Chris W. Cox On The 2010 Nevada U.S. Senate Race

Friday, August 27, 2010

In the coming days and weeks, the NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) will be announcing endorsements and candidate ratings in hundreds of federal races, as well as thousands of state legislative races. Unless these announcements are required by the timing of primary or special elections, the NRA-PVF generally does not issue endorsements while important legislative business is pending. The NRA-PVF also operates under a long-standing policy that gives preference to incumbent candidates who have voted with the NRA on key issues, which is explained in more detail here.
The U.S. Senate recently considered a number of issues important to NRA members, including the confirmation of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court. Out of respect for the confirmation process, the NRA did not announce its position on Ms. Kagan's confirmation until the conclusion of her testimony before the Senate Judiciary committee. Her evasive testimony exacerbated grave concerns we had about her long-standing hostility towards the Second Amendment. As a result, the NRA strongly opposed her confirmation and made it clear at the time that we would be scoring this important vote.

The vote on Elena Kagan's confirmation to the Court, along with the previous year's confirmation vote on Sonia Sotomayor, are critical for the future of the Second Amendment. After careful consideration, the NRA-PVF announced today that it will not be endorsing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for re-election in the 2010 U.S. Senate race in Nevada.
NRA members and other interested parties are encouraged to visit www.NRAPVF.org for more information as Election Day draws near.

You can read the above at this link:
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=14170

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: ozzyOriginally Posted By: ozzyDig a little deeper dude. Go to his senate record

I know full well Reid's sorry senate voting record and apparently we are in total agreement that the man needs to be retired, but we're talking about NRA PVC endorsements here:

Originally Posted By: ozzy
Originally Posted By: TimMI, as well as several of my friends, cut up NRA membership cards and mailed them back to them.

There's enough political bs in Washington. I don't need it in any organization that is supposedly there to protect and defend the constitution.

Same here when they endorsed HARRY REID! And I told them so a few times. F*** just look at his voting record.

I would not be a bit surprised to find that some of this mis-information comes directly from the various candidates own campaign office; it certainly would not be the first time they have lied to us, now would it. There are lots of folks out there trying to mislead or confuse us, therefore, it is extremely important that we all "dig a little deeper" to separate the facts from fiction.

Here is yet another "shovel" to help dig out the facts:

http://www.tsrapac.com/

Quote:TSRA PAC Voter's Guide:Chris Cox on Senator Harry Reid
Yesterday the Director of NRA-ILA, Chris Cox, announced to NRA members that Nevada Senator Harry Reid is not endorsed by NRA. This means no PAC money and no post card mailing for Mr. Reid.

NRA's announcements of candidate endorsements are part of their over-all political campaign strategy. Mis-information in today's world often leads to something like a computer virus of bad information; shared, retold, and incorrect.

Regards,
hm

this thread is a perfect example of why you need to get enough data to make your own informed decision as to who to vote for, rather than blindly following some list. No matter who puts it out.

Originally Posted By: Flyrod1I'm a Life Member, too, but as usual the NRA is talking out of both sides of their collective mouth!
F1

The NRA is a one issue organization. The fact that a person may vote on other issues exactly opposite from how we wish they would means nothing if they vote pro gun. Period.

The NRA does make endorsements. They are not based on any issue other than gun rights.

Today is one week since I emailed NRA-PVF about my concerns and have not yet received a response. When you open the window to "Contact the NRA" via their email there is a message posted. The message reads something to the effect of (NRA members receive top priority). I'm an Endowment Member and it appears I am being ignored. I'm beginning to think the NRA is about as responsive to it's members as Congress is to the voters.
shocked.gif

I just received "The Gun Owners" from the G.O.A. containing it's candidate ratings for the November elections. Chris Gibson, the Republican candidate for the 20th Congressional district-NY (my district) received an A-. The left of center Democrat, Scott Murphy, received an "NR" rating. The GOA assigns an NR rating to a candidate who fails to return the GOA's questionnaire. NR is defined as "The candidate refused to answer his or her questionnaire. This is usually a sign that the candidate is hiding anti-gun views".
How does the GOA's rating contrast with the NRA's rating? On the front page of the regional issue of the NRA's American Hunter Magazine it states in bold type "Use Your Most Powerful Ammo to Save Freedom!Your vote". Right below that it shows their endorsement for Scott Murphy. WOW!!! Don't try to tell me that the NRA-PVF is not out of touch with it's members. What has happened to the NRA?
frown.gif

or it may be that he has a record & the NRA looked at it, but he didn't reply to GOA & they didn't.

Do you know what his record & positions actually are? Or are you simply assuming the GOA is right & the NRA is backing an anti?

Stu,please read this entire thread. Scott Murphy is running for re-election in the 20th Congressional District, my district. I have watched his performance during his less than two year tenure in congress. He has voted 94% of the time in support of the Obama,Reid,Pelosi agenda. Scott Murphy is a left of center Democrat whose voting record demonstrates a disregard for the U.S. Constitution and his constituents.
On the other hand,his opponent, Chris Gibson, is a right of center Republican who retired this past February with the rank of army colonel. He was awarded the Purple Heart and four Bronze Stars for bravery in combat while serving in Iraq. He holds a P.H.D. in Government Studies, taught at West Point Military Academy and served our country with honor. Chris Gibson commanded the U.S. relief efforts in Haiti. Chris Gibson is an outspoken defender of the U.S. Constitution and particulary the 2nd Amendment. Chris Gibson received the higher grade form both the NRA and the GOA. BUT, the NRA-PVF endorsed the liberal democrat Scott Murphy.
It is,I.M.O.,a no-brainer that the NRA-PVF's methodology for endorsing candidates is deeply flawed and in need of revision.

Last edited:
what is his record on guns? That's what the NRA generally bases their support on.

In my district, they endorsed bobby bright for re-election. bright is a self-proclaimed independant who EVERYONE, including the NRA, calls a democrat. He got elected in 2008. His record on guns is fine, so far as I know, on other stuff not so much.

We won't be voting for him. But those other issues are not the focus of the NRA.

At this point I am not giving up my membership in the NRA, in fact I am upping for another 3 years tonight. Checks in the mail.

Originally Posted By: Yukon21At this point I am not giving up my membership in the NRA, in fact I am upping for another 3 years tonight. Checks in the mail.

That's a sensible move Yukon, no one is suggesting that you turn your back on the NRA. Or at least I'm not asking you to. I'm not going to destroy the bronze statue of a minuteman given to me when I became an Endowment Member either. The point here is that the NRA has a serious problem in the methods used by the NRA-PVF to endorse political candidates. In my opinion,and in the opinion of many other NRA members,that problem is harming the NRA's ability to defend the 2nd Amendment. That flawed methodology is helping to ensure that left-of-center politicians remain in office. Those left leaning pols. have a stronger allegiance to the likes of Obama,Reid and Pelosi than to the U.S. Constitution. They have demonstrated that countless times. No,I'm not going to destroy my bronze statue but I will not continue to send money to the NRA until this problem is acknowledged and addressed by the NRA's leadership. The mission of the NRA is to important for me to ignore the problem.

A sidenote on this: The NRA's magazine cover has dropped the stated endorsement of Scott Murphy in it's later printings. It now says "NO" endorsment for the 20th Congressional District. Perhaps the NRA is listening?

I absolutely 100% agree ADK.

Tomorrow, Tuesday November 2nd, 2010 may well be the most important day in your life (and your children's and grand-children's).

If you haven't already done so, go to your local polling place and...

Vote!!!

Back