Stag arms

riverboss

Are Stag arms good rifles i dont know anything about ARs but know where theres a 5.56 16in 1/8 twist with flash hider it has a flat top colapisable stock whats it worth new condition. And also i once owned a mini 14 and that thing was hard on the ears i know to use hearing protection but i dont use it hunting are they about the same or less?

If you use hearing protection, then the "loudness" will effectively become a non issue. Problem solved.
Stags are nice rifles and the 1/8 twist is a very versatile twist rate I would think. Does it have a front sight post, or is it the low profile or flat top gas block? What kinda hand guards,is it free floating? what kind of collapsable stock? Is this a heavy barrell or regular? All these are factors that are gonna play into the final price. If it's basic like we must assume, then youre gonna pay about $750-$799 for it. If it's free floating, has a nice stock,a heavy barrell or a few other bells and whistles, tack on another $150 to $200. Assuming this was a new or very low round count rifle of course...If it's used, how used is it? Take off $50 or $100 bucks if its been used maybe???... There are lots of deals to fit just about any budget out there. Decide what you want first and then narrow your search and you can always find a deal. If you want to muffle the sound of your rifle a bit, get a little longer of a barrell. I have an 18" bull that doesn't bother me a bit. There is a difference between it and a 16" but since I always use hearing protection I could care less.

Quote:are they about the same or less?

Without a brake, they'll both be very close to the same. With that flash hider, the AR will probably sound louder (to the shooter).

What length barrel would be closer to that of a bolt gun i want a AR but i dont want the louad ear busting or a 12 pound gun .

Back