Game Cam Hogs

Yellowhammer

Staff member
I checked my camera today. It has been out since Saturday morning. I have been getting mostly squirrels, coons and hogs.

I had few small bucks and pair of does and fawns this time, but still lots of hogs and corn robbers.

I hope to be sticking a few of these will my bow if they will come out in the day time. These 2 boars are especially rank looking.

PICT0225.jpg

Here are a few more for size comparison.

PICT0181.jpg

PICT0160.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some truly waist hight hogs.

I have a bunch of pictures of hogs, but I think that is the only picture of those 2 beasts.

I went back Saturday to check cameras and put corn in the feeders. Thought I would go early and sit for a while and maybe get a shot at one with my bow. I got their just as it was breaking day, and this big boar was asleep under my feeder. I could only get to within 30 yards before I thought I might spook him. I took a shot at him laying down, but I either shot just over his back or bounced it in front and over. It was still pretty dark. Anyway, it was a miss. I don't think he knew what happened, but he walked off growling. I think I will try again in the morning.

The problem is going to be getting to the stand without spooking them, because they seem to be there all night long.

PICT0251.jpg

Started getting pictures of a 3 legged hog. I don't know what happed to his leg, but he seems to getting along just fine.

PICT0390.jpg

tripothog.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbor had a 3 legged hog that he kept in the house.
I asked him about it and he said that the hog started as a runt and was brought into the house to keep by the heat and bottle feed. Over the years he said the pig repaid him several times by saving his life. I asked "how so? Apparently the house caught fire one night and the pig woke everyone with his squealing. He even dragged one of the kids out by the collar on his pajamas.
Another time the neighbor nearly stepped on a rattler. The pig rushed in and killed that snake right now.
And yet another time the guy fell through a rotten wooden lid on an old well. He did manage to get the rope off the water bucket and toss one end up and out of the well. Well that pig took the end and hauled him to safety.

All very interesting, but how did he loose his leg I said.
He looked at me in disbelief and said 'Well my God man you can't eat a friend like that all at once.

Back