Had to run for my life

What's the difference in scouting, locating or hunting the
same area more then once.

You've never called or hunted the same area more then once ?

I sure have called the same area more than once. Not often, and definatly not in a very close time frame. Thats hunting (calling). I scout by locating. Just like Duane said, Locate and leave. Another thing I do is look for predator sign. Thats what I call scouting, but thats just me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuJeepDUDE,Fair enough,"scouting".
If calling in yotes, with no intent to harvest them, is "scouting". I guess I don't do any "scouting".
I'm no expert, but I kill a few yotes. We have a "trick" called "locating". Difference is that we howl, get a responce, and leave. Also, only do this on new ground when we are trying to get an idea of coyote population.If I know there are yotes in an area, calling with no intent to harvest,is simply educating.
"Scout" how ever you like.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking/wondering when I read this. I guess whatever floats your boat?

Originally Posted By: John Brent RoyOldTurtle....
Around here if you are caught with a firearm at night yu get brought to the three-star bed and breakfast. First they take your fingerprints, bring you to your room with one bed, toilet, lavatory and bed in the same room. No view, but you have TV. Then three times a day they open the door, which is made of steel bars, and serve you! Nope....I don't pack after dark. I do believe I stayed there once..twice? ok maybe three times...but I`m a good boy now.
EDIT to add- nothing real bad fellas honest, just stupid kid stuf, speeding,insurance,regristration, didn`t have money to
pay fines so didn`t see much sense in going to court. Got my priorities straight now.

Last edited:
Back