whats a good broadhead that has practice tip accuracy!

yea aiming more towards the fixed! nothing against mechanical but i just need a good bh that will fly true to my field tips

If your bow is properly tuned and the spine stiffness on your arrows is correct they should fly very similar and impact very close to each other. Have you shot fixed blades and field points at a target and if so where are the fixed blades impacting compared to the field points?

Someone smarter than me will have to chime in here but if that is consistent then it is an indication of a spine stiffness issue. I can't remember which direction means what so hopefully someone will speak up or you should be able to get the answers you need from most archery pro shops.

I had a similar issue recently but my arrows (with fixed blades) were impacting to the right. It was partially tuning / timing but we went with a stiffer spine arrow and the issue went away...

Most broadhead issues can be worked out by tuning. Which Is what I recommend. Take your bow to your local shop and make sure everything Is timed and tuned. Also I have shot Rage out of untuned bows and still had them hit exactly like field tips. They are a very low profile head. I still have those Muzzys If you want to work something out. There brand new.

Use the slick trick.. it has the same point of balance as your field point if your shooting a 100 grains BH. Whenever you look a broadheads to use for hunting and are practicing with practice tips. You should find broad heads that are the same length and balance point of your shaft. Otherwise you will hit left or right. It also matters on the tune of your bow. This is also assuming you have the correct arrow spine. Even if the chart says it is, It sometimes is not true. There are other factors, but I will am giving you the basic ones because this could get to long for me to discuss.

When you take your bow to a bow shop they are only tune for the normal 25 yards. Other than that, you will have to tune the bow yourself because everyone shoots with a different grip pressures and styles.

Look up the walk back method online.. but use your broad heads to tune the bow. Using this method is the best method..

There will be a lot of different options on how to tune a bow, but I can assure you wont be disappointed.

I have been a bow tec for 15 years,, so I know a little bit.

funny part is, with a field tip the arrow is hitting a lil left! with a bh the arrow hits a little more to the right of the bullseye!

so basicaly i may be using the wrong arrow spine?

Originally Posted By: Dan223Other than that, you will have to tune the bow yourself because everyone shoots with a different grip pressures and styles.

This gets overlooked allot and can also be an issue... Torquing the bow whether or not it is due to grip pressure or something as simple as too tight of a wrist strap can cause some flight issue, or so I've been told.
w00t.gif

Try paper tuning. I can't remember which it is, but improper arrow spine will no doubt effect arrow flight. Check your balance percentage of your arrow. My guess is the problem lies with the spine.

Mark2

Another thing to check is knock height and proper rest alignment. Did you have a bow shop do the original set up.

Mark2

To tune your broadheads to your field points you need to follow your field points with your rest. If your broadheads are hitting Rt. of your field points make a very slight adjustment to your rest to the lt. Do this at 20 yards. re-adjust your sights then do it at 40 yards. If your arrows are the correct spine and your cams are in tune you should be able to get both to hit in the same hole. For up and down you can adjust the rest or the nocking point slightly. It takes a very very slight adjustment so be careful not to move you rest to far. If you can't get them to hit the same it is usually a tuning issue or a tourque issue with your bow hand. Shooter mistakes are amplified with broadheads. I practice with broadheads out to 100 yards because it forces me to be very careful with my form when I shoot.

drscott

took the bow to the archery shop here in town, they said alot of my accuracy issues were because of my cheapo bhs, they put my arrow and head on a spinny thing and boy my arrow was wobbely! i baught some 29 in carbon offbrand arrows with the blazer veins, and put a 125 gr steel force bh on it and it was straiter than john wayne in the machine!
they did some fine tuning with my rest and with the knock and i got her sighted there, my 125 gr fps shoot almost the same as my bhs, i have been grouping darn good out to 20 yards outside! im ready for my treestand soon
wink.gif

they measured my draw weight at 55lbs!

Shooting a bow out to 100 yds are you serious. I hope that was typo error, because no one practices a bow at that range.

Lon

I had a feeling the problem was with the arrow/ spine. Someday switch to a recurve or longbow, and things will be a lot less complicated
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mark2Lon

I had a feeling the problem was with the arrow/ spine. Someday switch to a recurve or longbow, and things will be a lot less complicated
smile.gif

you aint kidding! my dad use to shoot recurve! he used to swear up and down by them!

Back