Fahrenheit 7-11....anybody gonna see it ?

Weedwacker

Sorry to admit it friends. I hear it calling to me. Just a burning curiosity. You know, like a little sore inside your mouth that you just have to touch with your tounge to make sure it still hurts. As long as I can do it without Mr. Moore getting any of my money.

You can see it byt buying a ticket for a different movie at a multiplex.

I don't think I'll bother. In order to watch it, I have to give up my time and Moore isn't worth it.

I like to watch and read stuff that gives me fuel for the liberal fire... but I don't think I'll be seeing this one in theatres. There is some sort of internal rage that comes out of me when I view crap like this... I wouldn't want to unleash that on an innocent audience. The audience would also probably incite a fight as they may luagh or clap at something that would infruiate me. I may wait until someone can rip it off on a DVD for me and I can watch it in the safety of my own home.

Personally I can't wait to see it, as soon as the lines aren't so long... I already get huge laughs at what a complete bumbling boob GW is, seeing a whole pile of "true to life" clips proving it will be awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mr. Moore didn't write the movie.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifthe "players" said what they said on their own, Moore just compiled it for our enlightenment.

I find it amazing you guys answer Mr. Moore's completely legal right to express his OPINION... with criminal acts... stealing yourself a copy? Sneaking into the theater, to outright ROB Moore of his hard earned dough?

The law is all good, as long as it falls into your plan, huh? (admitting to breaking the law, definitelty is against the TOS of this site, isn't it?)

Just like freedom and democracy means, I am free to feel exactly the same way all you uptight republicans do... or if not, I am some kind of anti-American subversive???

I support freedom of speech, freedom of assembly (even in a theater), even the freedom to keep and bear arms, and the freedom of choice to pursue happiness in whatever way I see fit, even if you don't see it as fit.
...As long as I don't take away your rights, like y'all seem willing to take away mine.

GAWD! I hope GW does not get his first elected term in the White House... (we all know he didn't win last time)... and I am even more glad this term wont be spent campaigning for another one... maybe he'll actually do some work this time around!?!

Krusty
wave1.gif

I must admit that I'm also sort of drawn to it. I want to step past the retoric and see it unfiltered for myself. But I also don't want Mr. Moore to get a penny of my money. My big gripe is not that he made the movie, and its no surpise that he has a point of view and uses his considerable movie making skill to promote it. My gripe is in the marketing. This is not a true documentary, its small snipets of film patched together to prove a point. I also believe that Mr. Moore is playing to his audiences fears and points of view. Lets look at Krusty's post for instnce. It is clear to me that Krusty can not see any good in President Bush. Krusty ignores the fact that in all recounts and in a long multi news network examination after the election President Bush won the Florida recount EVERY time. Krusty ignores Bushes accomplishments which are many and dwells on the low points. To say seriously that Presdient Bush has done nothing is to completely ignore the facts. Krusty appears to me to be a hater, he hates the president, he hates our place in the world, he simply hates and will or can not see at least some of the facts. Krusty is not alone by a long shot. Mr Moore plays dierctly to those people.

I believe that we are seeing a devide in the basic human outlook. I was largely raised by my grandparents. My grandfather could be a rough old unforgiving SOB. But I understood him and who he was. He had a clear vision of right and wrong, and would not bend from that vision. I did not alweays agree with him but I loved him dearly for it. We got along very well and I learned a great deal from him and we had a great deal of fun together. Then there is my sister. She hated my grandfather, she hated his stubornness and his way of thinking, she could see nothing of the man through her blind hate for what he was. She could not even begin to appreciate what the world lost at his passing. Now don't get me wrong. There was nothing wrong with my sister. She is a hard working loving soul, but with my grandfather she was blinded by his understanding of who HE was. I believe the feelings for and against President Bush are exactly the same.

I don't know if it's been confirmed yet, but I have heard some discussion that Moore allegedly used real video of Bush, but changed the audio so that he has Bush saying what he wants him to, not what he actually said.

If you enjoy the most crazed hard-left conspiracy theories, you will most likely enjoy seeing this.

Gee MJMcC.... nothing like making it personal.

I am not a hater, in fact I do see the good in many human beings, even in you MJMcC (despite your personal attacks on me, and my character)... I mean your mother (or someone) must have loved you, for some good inside you, too bad it is now hidden inside WAAAAYYY TOOOO MUCH baggage.

Get the hell off me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I would like for anyone to point out the good in GW.
Is he a good father? Not if you look at the CRIMINAL records of his "drunken, drug doing, lushes" of daughters.

Is he a great educator or a doctorate? Nope.
First President we have EVER had, that is not a lawyer..... and he never really held any REAL job.

Is he doing a good job of running this country, creating jobs, or a secure world to live in... not from my point of view... I have only stood in line at the food bank during two Presidencies... Bush II's and Reagan's!

Is he creating friends of America, by disobeying the UN, the treaties we made with NATO, and the OPINIONS of other countries we share the world responsibility with?

Is he taking credit for the work done by several presidents and dignitaries throughout history?
Yes!

If we have any sort of peace in the middle east, it is from the groundwork laid down by Richard Nixon, Henry Kissenger, Jimmy Carter and the likes... long before GW was done snooting coke in the college dorms, and avoiding going to war in the National Guard.
GW puts the weather vain on the chimney at takes credit for the whole dang house.... sheesh

Name three GOOD things GW has done, on his own, started in process AFTER his appointment to office.

And no I don't believe the re-count did come out in his favor.
If it was SOOOO cut and dried, why are we now asking the UN to send a delegation to inspect the electorial process in the next election.... BECAUSE at the highest levels, our own govt. does not believe the process was "un-tainted" the last time around... I tend to believe that.

By the way guys... in this world, if you wanna dance, you PAY THE PIPER... Don't wanna pay Mr Moore, then stay the hell off the dance floor.
Plain and simple.

Krusty
wave1.gif

P.S. GW says more than enough stupid stuff, that Mr Moore did not need to make any of it up, or manipulate it in any way.

Actually I heard him say that over 70% of the stock film footage, used in the film, came from outside sources... like CNN, independant UPI and AP photogs, and indeed some of it from US soldiers IN IRAQ!!!
His people only did 30% of the filming, and all of the editting... pretty much the smae deal we get from the network news, only they are spinning the story a bit differently from Mr Moore.
Both sides need to be heard to make an informed decision, in anything in life.

You guys don't think I can see some small bit of right in the side you come from? ...if you think that you're nuts, I do... but I also see the right on the other side.

Rarely does the truth lie at one end of an argument, but usually somewhere in the middle.

I don't hate anyone, I really don't.

Krusty - Please read the whole post. I'd like you to attempt to understand the point I was trying to make with my grandfather and my sister. We were both looking at the same person and seeing two entirely different people. My sister is not a bad person for her view, its simply her view of the person that my grandfather was. I like Mr. Bush and very likely see only the good in him, you obviously hate Mr Bush and see only the bad, similar to the way my sister saw my grandfather. I do not believe that even you can deny that fact. This is not exactly an attack on your character, its simply an observation on your stand on Mr. Bush and without a doubt it is a statement on MY stand on Mr. Bush. So I would like it very much if you would "Get the hell off me!", thank you very much. Your preaching is loud, its clear and beleive it or not we are smart enough to get it.

By the way, if I was to go and see Mr. Moore's film I'd pay him for the oppertunity. I'm just not sure that I'd be willing to give him my money.

Here is a touchy issue huh guys!!!!
I aint seen it yet but will. I can say for sure that I am neutral on certain issues pertaining to poltics. I think the movie will not sway me either way on these political beliefs. It is suprising to me however that you have not heard someone say impeach the president!! You did with the last one becasue he was caught being unfaitful to his wife?? I dont understand at all, my opinion is this. The Iraqi president was a ruthless, tyrant who gained what he wanted through power. Ok so whats the differensce with that and what we have done by envading a country that our leaders said had all these WMD's? We captured the leader of the country but cant find a nuc, chemical warhead other then that wasnt forgot about in some hole? They were able to find this ruthless leader in a hole??? It is my OPINION that the people of the US has been greatly lead astray in the reasons we went to war, and we have unnecesarly lost young soldiers and created even more enemies as a result. GODBLESS OUR TROOPS hope they come home asap!!!!!!!

Also here is an interesting note to take into consideration. I am not saying either way wether truths or lies were told in this film havnt even seen it yet. But I will say this, if there are lies contained in this film about our President or fake scenes or other wise I feel that Mr. Moore will get his a#### sued for sland, liable until he wished he never heard of a movie!!! Its interesting what will be in the future huh. It is also interesting that the current administration did everything in its power to stop its viewing to the American public. Maybe we can someday see a film of all the supposed evidence on the reasons we went to war!!!!

Funny you should mention it KY. Not that the case holds any water comparing Bush to Saddam but... here... how large of a hick town could he have killed with this? Or how many people in downtown New York City?

------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 1, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Polish troops in Iraq recently have discovered "16 or 17" warheads containing sarin or mustard gas, according to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

Donald Rumsfeld

"Now these are weapons that we always knew Saddam Hussein had that he had not declared, and they have tested them, and I have not seen them, and I have not tested them, but they believe that they are correct that these, in fact, were undeclared chemical weapons ... ," Rumsfeld told radio talk host Roger Hedgecock in an interview transcribed and posted on the Department of Defense website.

Rumsfeld said he was told of the discovery of the "quite lethal" chemical weapons by the Polish minister of defense at the NATO summit in Turkey last weekend.

The troops had made the find "within the last period of days" before the summit, he said.

Arguing for the difficulty of finding WMD in a country the size of California, Rumsfeld pointed out the hole where ousted dictator Saddam Hussein was captured "was probably big enough to hold chemical and biological weapons sufficient to kill tens of thousands of people."

Rumsfeld also mentioned the U.S. had found jet aircraft Hussein's regime had buried in sand.

Hedgecock asked Rumsfeld to comment on published reports that Syria is hiding Iraq's WMD.

The defense secretary acknowledged "there have been a lot of intelligence speculation and rumors and chatter about the fact that Saddam Hussein may have placed some of his weapons of mass destruction in Syria prior to the start of the war."

But he said, "Until that can be validated and proved, you’ll find people in the administration not talking about it."

MJMcC,

I didn't miss your point at all... I think I understand exactly.

Your G-dad was both, a caring loving individual, and an SOB... I think that neither your nor your sister was totally right, and that the truth of that issue probably was found somewhere in the middle... between your sisiter's opinion and yours.

Perhaps your sister has facts to support her position, that you don't know about your grand dad, as well (I know things (good and bad) about mine, my siblings did not).

I guess I took it personally, that you called me by name, ignorant (one who ignores), that I might be the type of person who can harbor hatred (a character trait), and that I might be grouped with a "those people" in a condecending manner (like I am less than worthy because I might be part of that group).

Hard not to take that personally. :rolleyes:

I am not a sheep.

It's the hatred part that most offended and enraged me.
Any one of my neices or nephews will tell you "Uncle Jeff does not allow us to use the word hate"...
I tell them to say they don't like it, or them, and to have a valid reason for that feeling. If you don't have a valid reason, you need to re-think your position.

But, it is okay if you don't like everyone... heck I don't like you (and I have what I feel definitely are valid reasons), but I don't make it personal.

Again I ask all you Bush fans, what are three of GW's great accomplishments, at any point in his life?
Do they match up to the caliber of accomplishments, of the average US President?

Krusty
wave1.gif

I won't waste my money on it either.

Krusty, you seem to have a hair across an orifice, cut it or curl it.

Please deal with facts. We suffered the worst attack in our history. Bush responded (unlike others when similar occurances happened) and has to date shown them they are no match for the US in an extremely short timeframe and with minimal loose of our brave soldiers lives. No other President has carried out a war in such a positive way (positive only in the time and low casualty numbers #). More lives were lost in single battles during World War II than in the entire war against terrorism. Just accept the fact that the liberals had their oppurtunity to deal it and choose to keep looking the other way, explain that to the nearly 3000 souls and their families that paid the ultimate price for the liberal approach on 9-11-01.

And yes, Moores' BS has been proven to be nothing more than a bunch of creative editting. The clip of Bush on the golf course was taken from sections of a discussion regarding terrorism by the Palestinians in Isreal. He interviewed congressman going into capital hill asking if they would sign a patition to send their family members over to Iraq and when they answered "yes" or "my family members are already in Iraq or Afganistan", the response was editted out, the congressmen this happened to are outraged that their response was editted out of the interview.

As far as our affiliation with the UN and our Europeon "Allies" is concerned. Bush made it perfectly clear what would happen when the last resolution was approved unamimously I believe against Iraq. Our dear French allies who we have saved their bacon more than once were too affraid of what we would find in Iraq, and that they would loose their precious money owed to them for selling illegal arms and equipment and the very lucritive oil deals the had with good ole Saddam, not to mention the kickbacks that they were administering,handling and receiving on behalf of the good ole UN in the oil for food fiasco. The UN is as worthless as the French and German governments are.

As soon as I saw the name of the nitwit director I know it wasn't worth my time or money. Some of the cartons about it however are great (at present the one that calls the rating pg for pretty gullible is the best).

DOD... you seem to have some personal animosity for me, from the past, too.
My "orifices" are none of your damn business.

Let's do keep this to the facts, and just about politics, huh?

I am outta here...

Krusty
wave1.gif

GOOD GRIEF!!#!@#@!@
It is ONLY a documentary. I say you look at ALL sides of any issue and hopefully make an informed and intelligent decision. You cannot just assume something to be a lie or misinformation because you do not like the person or the person does not like someone you support. The film is probably full of it in many aspects but how the heck would you know without viewing it?!?!?!!? So, if you do not wish to fatten Moore's pockets, wait until it is free on TV...OR d/l it for free. What is the harm unless you are so easily swayed by what you see and hear.
And as far as name calling as far as *I* can see Krusty got the short end of the stick here. I can see NO good discussion when you start to call a person a hater. Especially if you do not know them. And curling hairs on orifices? Sheesh what kind of gibberish is that...to me it is just *button pushing time*.
You all say I am sensitive...well I may, be but I also can see name calling for what it is..and I saw plenty here...and I believe it is just because this documentary is a touchy topic for Bush lovers. NO politician is perfect and I am sure some of this movie is valid...I think that people are making much ado about nothing. The day I cast a vote based on a movie, I hope someone takes me outside and puts me out of my misery! When I have the time to spare I will see this movie just so that I am well rounded. I am almost positive I will not think highly of most of it...but I seriously doubt it is ALL bogus. Just like ANY movie or news report..take what you believe and trash the rest.
*ladyjane spreads peace dust around the Church*

And the liberalism floods the gates again.

Read a little about the film Jane, then comment on its wise points. This film was made for helpless liberals that need to be spoonfed clueless garbage that is either fabricated or misrepresente as to give the film a purpose. From the previews alone there are obvious descrepencies... where are all the videos of clinton talking about his sex life from a tee box? He did it often, it was a way of making the president look like a real man... its not uncommon but its made out to be horrific by this documentary. For those who don't want to take the time to read, follow along and study the issues this is a perfect film, it dreams up stories that cut to the bone for you the way only Moore can.

For those justifying this garbage, I'm sure Sadaam has a movie coming out that you will be interested in. Then you can LEARN all about what "REALLY" happened in Iraq instead of reading it.

Oh come now Krusty, your just being ridiculous. Not even three things. Hell, I bet I can find three good things Bill Clinton did and I don't like him very much. GW has done alot for you like propose 15 billion for aids in Africa, prescription drug benefits for seniors, and boost the farm bill, campaign finance reform, even said nice things about Bill Clinton. How many bones does he have to throw you before you let go of your anger and give him some love! What do you want, a Krusty Klimber bedroom at the white house! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Back