Found a Road Killed Deer and......

Originally Posted By: Terminator
cut her open and pulled the guts out.....tied her to a tree and gonna see if the yotes hit her.......

haha thats dedication!
i bet she'll be gone in a couple days from coyotes and who knows what else!

Originally Posted By: bullwhip the coyotes aroud here won't touch a deer unless it is gutted out.

The live ones got it made where you're at eh. Lucky devils.

yep, I'd thought about that. how long will she last, she's about a 70lb. doe......I did her like they do hunting leopards in Africa, tied a rope around her neck and pulled her about half way off the ground where her guts would roll out.....

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: bullwhip the coyotes aroud here won't touch a deer unless it is gutted out.

The live ones got it made where you're at eh. Lucky devils.

hahaha
seems so!

Originally Posted By: Terminator
yep, I'd thought about that. how long will she last, she's about a 70lb. doe......I did her like they do hunting leopards in Africa, tied a rope around her neck and pulled her about half way off the ground where her guts would roll out.....

Might work but I have tried hanging things from trees and the yotes seem to avoid them like the plague. It's almost like it's an unnatural position for them. Also it seems the more they are man handled leaving lots of man scent the more leery the yotes are.

Let me know how it works for you.

Aww crap, your subject line is misleading. I thought for sure you painted a white line down it.
lol.gif

Nate

I went and checked on my deer carcass this evening and the only thing left of her was her head, hide, legs and feet....there were bite marks all over her from her rump up onto her shoulder area......they had eaten all of her guts completely out and even broken a leg trying to pull it off of the joint. I dropped her to the ground and left her tied to the tree.

Last edited:
I killed a hog about a month ago and left her laying where she dropped. I went back two days later and you could see where yotes drug her about 50 yards. They snapped small pines and everything dragging here back into the thicket and there was nothing left of the hog. She was about 110-120lbs. Atleast I think it was yotes
scared.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwhipya the coyotes aroud here won't touch a deer unless it is gutted out.

wow you got some picky coyotes. Around here the deer would be stripped to bones and hide in days. Crows and ravens help but 90% goes to coyotes. We almost have a problem here with them, probably more coyotes then deer now.

I was with someone years ago who shot a deer right at the end of legal shooting hours.

It wasn't hit well and managed to get into a draw and away from us. We tried to find it and with only one weak flash light we lost the trail and had to give up for the night.

We were back there first thing in the morning and followed up on it. When we found it, there was nothing left of it at all. Some pieces of hide, and bones nothing more.

my dad shot a doe right at dark this past season. he's kinda spoiled so he calls me to come get his deer. i get there within 45 minutes. and the deer is layin right where he told me. when i went to load her the deer already had half a hind quarter missin. they got on that one fast.

Back