Lets See Your Ghillies!

Originally Posted By: multistageForgot I had a picture of a half breed. Getting ready to head out with the boy-his first hunt. No targets in sight, but lots of howling. He had a lot of fun. To answer an above question, I build them old school with jute. If I am pressed for time, I get jute strands from a vendor. If I am going low and slow, I get burlap from a fabric store and shred it myself.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Hey I like the Rifle and Scope What are they? The pic is that like a Poncho?

Yeah, that's an old poncho. I hate the hood that serves as the cover, but you use what you have. I wear that old thing a lot. Just pull it on and go. The rifle is a Remington 700 VSF 22-250. Don't think they make them anymore. Scope is a Leupold VX II 6-18. Looks long because it has a sunshade. I need the shade in the PM as I usually am aiming west.

Here is a kings camo ghillie I made, now I just need to figure out how to make a ghillie hat. There was a ton of sewing on this took me forever.
100_1709.jpg

Originally Posted By: multistageAn old one, and an old picture. I am in the process of setting up yet another. Will be taking pics of it as it is built. Have been thinking of sending the plans and pics to a magazine. They are fun to build at your own pace, but a nightmare when building them for the other guy, as he wants it NOW.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Hey Multistage where did you get the Material for this Suit? Thanks Jeff
smile.gif

82fbb8ea.jpg

I made this one myself, its made out of the old nightime desert fatigue bdu coat. Burlap, and jute twine. I used shoe goo to secure netting material to the coat, then started adding burlap. When standing up, it hangs down past my knees. I want to build another one, in my opinion this one is too full. Also died the burlap different colors, lots of green vegetation here, even in the winter.

Back