Lets See Your Ghillies!

OK, I'm holding it up now, can you see it?
I don't have a digi camera yet. I've got the new DSG Sapper suit from APC. I have built an awsome looking gun ghillie though.

Shayne

camo004.jpg

if 3D camo counts theres my jacket and pants in the pic no pics of me wearing it but ill get one tomorow or something.

someday ill have a true ghillie just to scare people in but not today

12-26-09withLanceWetzler001.jpg

This coyote came in 100 yards to my right. She didn't notice me, as she was looking at the caller. She saw me move into position but took a second to try and figure out what I was. Last mistake this dog ever made.

I'm a big advocate of ghillies.

Nate

heres mine... its the tcs suit from cabela's. ive got the scentblocker version and the nonscentblocker version and love them. the boonie hat and facemask are a plus too.

100_1013.jpg

An old one, and an old picture. I am in the process of setting up yet another. Will be taking pics of it as it is built. Have been thinking of sending the plans and pics to a magazine. They are fun to build at your own pace, but a nightmare when building them for the other guy, as he wants it NOW.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have added a hood to it since I last took this picture. It is a home made jobber. Cheap but really time consuming. Work was super slow when I made it. Now a days I would buy a Rancho Safari, but this one seems to work great.

100_2193.jpg

100_2921.jpg

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarRancho Safari.

barrydouble.jpg

Backed up while standing in brush. They never see you. Ever.

ghillie1.jpg

Barry makes for a pretty tall cactus .
grin.gif

Forgot I had a picture of a half breed. Getting ready to head out with the boy-his first hunt. No targets in sight, but lots of howling. He had a lot of fun. To answer an above question, I build them old school with jute. If I am pressed for time, I get jute strands from a vendor. If I am going low and slow, I get burlap from a fabric store and shred it myself.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted By: sigprosSo do I just sew the threads on the clothes? Or do I sew it on strips and sew the strips on? I got to make one of these!

I first sewed this net on to a army jacket and then cut strips of burlap and some camo material. Then I wrapped the end of the camo and burlap around the net and hot glued it. Like I said, it was time consuming but I like the way it turned out. I probably could have just hot glued the strips right to the jacket but I like that the net is a little longer so it is about knee length.

100_2156.jpg

Hello fellows- You have some really nice Camo here. I am really impressed with all of them. I am sorry that my picture is a little dark, but you can see me in the center (That's the way it is supposed to be-right?) My old buzzard of a wife took this picture, so maybe that's me off to the right because she is so cockeyed...Hahahaha.

Nightwatchman- would you recommend ordering that suit from Cabella's? I was considering upgrading my suit, but would like someone's opinion who has one first. Thanks.

Hello fellows- You have some really nice Camo here. I am really impressed with all of them. I am sorry that my picture is a little dark, but you can see me in the center (That's the way it is supposed to be-right?) My old buzzard of a wife took this picture, so maybe that's me off to the right because she is so cockeyed...Hahahaha.

Nightwatchman- would you recommend ordering that suit from Cabella's? I was considering upgrading my suit, but would like someone's opinion who has one first. Thanks.

Back