American Tradition

awesome pics. my grandpa use too laugh at me when i went hunting in camo. he said his dad dressed the same when he went hunting as he did when going to church. dressed super nice all the time.

I can remember when we used to have a bounty on predators...and as well as being a reason for social interaction, those bounties also helped with a little cash in the pockets of some families..

Tony, those were enjoyable photos and bring back a lot of memories...not so much for me, but about some of the families that were around when I was little..Thanks for taking the time to put them up..

Awesome photo's Tony.. Im with you, I think ill stick to calling LOL.. Thanks for posting them up
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI can remember when we used to have a bounty on predators...and as well as being a reason for social interaction, those bounties also helped with a little cash in the pockets of some families..

Tony, those were enjoyable photos and bring back a lot of memories...not so much for me, but about some of the families that were around when I was little..Thanks for taking the time to put them up..

I remember those times also.
OldTurtle, we may be starting to get old.

They actually clubbed jack rabbits at times, instead of shooting them, there were just that many of them. [/quote]
I'm sure more than a few of us has had to club a coyote now and then. One of the guys in the Orange County Predator Callers here in So Cal was bit on the Memorial hunt a few years back. The good thing is he managed to bust it with his shotgun on it's way out and he was able to take it in for rabies testing negative. Grizz

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEThey actually clubbed jack rabbits at times, instead of shooting them, there were just that many of them.
I'm sure more than a few of us has had to club a coyote now and then. One of the guys in the Orange County Predator Callers here in So Cal was bit on the Memorial hunt a few years back. The good thing is he managed to bust it with his shotgun on it's way out and he was able to take it in for rabies testing negative. Grizz [/quote]

Older friend of ours got a coyote with a pitchfork not that long ago.
Said it was mangey and he did it a favor by killing it.

I can't recall ever clubbing anything.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleRJM, In my case, the "getting old" part is already history...
grin.gif

I'm getting there fairly quick.

Originally Posted By: justin10mm
I can't recall ever clubbing anything.

I finished one with an ax before. Now I carry a 10mm.
I'm talkin bout when one comes in over top of you so fast you have to beat em with your rifle stock! I can't believe I'm the only one who has had this happen. Grizz

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I know there must have been some wild good times and fantastic stories to go along with the pictures! They bring back some mighty happy memories. It will be a sad day for all of us when those "Old-Timers" are all gone!!! I just hope the young folks can get in some quality time talking to the few we still have around,grandfathers,great uncles,etc. It might be well worth the time to seek them out, get comfortable and listen to a story or two(or three or four) with the telephone and TV turned off. They've probably forgotten more about predator hunting than some of us will ever learn.

Amen to that Ben! I spent most of my teen years and into my twenties, sitting around the campfire every Friday night with all my houndsmen friends. They told stories as we listened to the hounds running fox and coyotes all night long. The youngest in the group, besides myself, was 58 and the oldest was 83. I learned alot about dogs, coyotes, fox, women, and life. I miss those days and guys long gone.

Tony

Back