Free pup

Devin69

I have a little brindle pup that is out of my Liz female ( Merv Grizwald breeding) and my Bruno male.
He is about 2 months old. Give me a call.
I wont hold him, if you wnat him give me a call and be prepared to get him, FAST. He is Located in Craig Colorado
Devin 801-910-1501

You get all the dog food I have put into him for the last 2 months. Free wormer and free shots. And if you will give me you GSA gas card I will fill your tank up for the rest of your life,or until you get fired and they take it back. Deal??

Devin, haven't you figured out how this works yet.....LOL!!!Unfortunatelly "people" in all their wisdom don't think the dog is worth anything if it is for free...you have to ask money for them. The more money the better of a deal they "think" they are getting. If you would have put this dog up for a couple hundred it would have been gone.

We use to try and sell pups for $50.00 Now these were some of the same pups Wade and Van were selling for $300 to $500. Couldn't hardly give them away.

Now days we usually sale pups for $200.00 each and they are gone before they hit the ground......i don't get it but ill play along i guess.

take care, jason

I did a test about 20 years ago. I had a litter of hounds, I put 2 ads in the news paper for the same litter. one ad was for $50 a pup and the other was for $300 ( which was outragous back then). Guess which ad I sold all the pups from? Yup the $300 ad.
Another one was. Take the ugliest pup or the ones you want to go the fastest and put a ribbon around their neck or a little paint on them and tell them you were thinking about keeping that one and it will be the one they want when they see it.
Human nature, you always want something you cant have and you always think you are getting something better if you pay more for it. lol

Last edited:
About 60 years ago my father had a clothing store and he has a bunch of down winter coats for $19.95 and couldn't sell them. so he changed the price to $39.95 and all of them sold in a week. Go figger!

We do see the price level having a similar factor relevant to selling horses. Over the years location/distance has also proven to be a factor for us here selling our horses.

We sell most of our horses out of state and have shipped some to Germany. I guess the Germans like to brag about their Wyomng Cow Horse(s). We have learned to price them with room for freight. Folks don't seem to mind paying the price for the horse, but they hate to pay for freight.

At one time it was thought that you had to be 50 miles from home to be an expert. That radius grew to 500 miles and now the internet seems to have extended it to 1,000+ miles.

Do you see dog values following a similar expert/distance trend?

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKDo you see dog values following a similar expert/distance trend? You don't see that as much in the curs and hounds. But you do see it in the terriers and bird dogs.

Originally Posted By: Devin69I did a test about 20 years ago. I had a litter of hounds, I put 2 ads in the news paper for the same litter. one ad was for $50 a pup and the other was for $300 ( which was outragous back then). Guess which ad I sold all the pups from? Yup the $300 ad.
Another one was. Take the ugliest pup or the ones you want to go the fastest and put a ribbon around their neck or a little paint on them and tell them you were thinking about keeping that one and it will be the one they want when they see it.
Human nature, you always want something you cant have and you always think you are getting something better if you pay more for it. lol

Devin-Most folks want (and are willing to pay for) the fancy stories, WAY more than they want a hunting dog. Its lots easier to retell the stories, than it is to make a hunting dog. More dogs are sold on what the seller thinks they COULD be, rather than on what they really ARE...
cursing.gif

Take care.

Back