Wyoming PD's (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utahdogger

Got into the little buggers good today, we lost track of how many we killed, I know I have to do a serious reloading session before I can go again ! Saw alot of sign of people driving off road and into the dog towns, I really don't understand how some peoples minds work, I just wish they could get caught and lose everything to teach em a lesson.

I am headed to one of my ranches Tuesday for some smackdown, ground is moving with them. Ill pop 300-400 easily as usual there.

We were too busy shooting to take pics, sorry! 5spd, sounds like fun, I'd love to get into an area like that someday.

It was great shooting, started 6am to 130pm, 385 shots...(yea a FEW misses) then I came home & promptly dropped my digi and broke it...cant even download the pic/vids I took.

Originally Posted By: UtahdoggerSaw alot of sign of people driving off road and into the dog towns, I really don't understand how some peoples minds work, I just wish they could get caught and lose everything to teach em a lesson.

So how do you shoot pd's in Wyoming and not go offroad? Get caught? Lose everything? What are you talking about?

Originally Posted By: UtahdoggerSounds like you had great fun, how was the wind?

Very light breeze yesterday shooting, when it did go to 5-6mph it was from the south so I just reset my shooting with the wind!

Wasn't bad when we first got started, but man, towards the end we really just gave up, 3 or 4 rounds to hit one under 300 yards is too many rounds!

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: UtahdoggerSaw alot of sign of people driving off road and into the dog towns, I really don't understand how some peoples minds work, I just wish they could get caught and lose everything to teach em a lesson.

So how do you shoot pd's in Wyoming and not go offroad? Get caught? Lose everything? What are you talking about?

What he is refering to is the idiots that drive out through the brush. There are plenty of 2 track roads to drive on with no need to leave them. If it dont get you close enough then walk to them.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: UtahdoggerSaw alot of sign of people driving off road and into the dog towns, I really don't understand how some peoples minds work, I just wish they could get caught and lose everything to teach em a lesson.

What he is refering to is the idiots that drive out through the brush. There are plenty of 2 track roads to drive on with no need to leave them. If it dont get you close enough then walk to them.

I'm still curious about the "get caught" thing, and by whom, and why. Also I wonder when it became politically incorrect to drive off a jeep trail, and who decided. Nothing at all wrong about driving off a dirt track.

Dude, there is parking off the side of the road, then there is leaving the established road and making your own, that has been frowned upon for quite a few years now, and if you are caught doing it by the county or BLM authorities I understand there are some pretty hefty fines involved, you aren't coming on here and admitting on an international forum that IS watched by law enforcement that you have totally ignored the law and proper outdoor etiquette and just done whatever you want just because you think you can are you ?

Well, a track is a lot of different things and it's hardly a road. Mostly you don't have to go off but sometimes you do. In almost 20yrs of shooting Utah and So. Wyoming pd's, I've only even seen another shooter out there maybe 5 times and seen/talked with a game warden about twice. So I'm coming on here saying I've never heard of such a law. Shooting friends who grew up around here haven't heard of any regulations about that either. So....dude.....come down off your self righteous horse.

Originally Posted By: Ackman
Also I wonder when it became politically incorrect to drive off a jeep trail, and who decided. Nothing at all wrong about driving off a dirt track.

This has been a big NO NO for 30 yrs +.
Its called tread lightly. You do not drive off the trail/2 track & make your own for any reason.
That is the main reason off roading areas have been closed in many states & is an on going issue with the 4wd community & enviromentalists.
This was decided by the people who respect the use of trails & want to keep them open.
Anyone who just decides to make his/her own trail is an idiot & a problem for the rest who respect the land & usage of it.
Im not going to argue with anyone on this. Common sense fails a lot of irresponsible 4wheelers.
That is all.
http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/responsible-four/Recreation-Tips.html
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Well, I'm not an idiot and you two guys from Roy have made this into something that it isn't.

And 5spd, tell you what......I drive a green Chev. truck. If you ever see me in your state doing something wrong, you come over and talk to me about it. Fair enough?

Dude, you pretty much explained yourself to all of us here, you come across as the kind of guy that doesn't care about the laws or rules, they are for everyone else, sorry, you may be a heck of a nice guy in real life, but you haven't come across on here like that. And IF I ever see a green Chevy in Utah or Wyoming off the trail in the sage making it's own roads, I'm not going to talk, I'll be on my cell phone talking to the authorities.

Last edited:
I've seen off-road "jeep" trails, and then I've seen responsible guys driving off-road through dog towns. I'd say the latter group has the idea of "tread lightly" figured out.

I'd agree that tearing up unspoiled land is in nobody's best interest... but I think most sane people know how to tread lightly. I think the biggest mistake anyone could make would be to "call the authorities" (unless you were witnessing really bad "digging" off-road). You are just asking for a shut down there. That is also in nobody's best interest.

Originally Posted By: UtahdoggerDude, you pretty much explained yourself to all of us here, you come across as the kind of guy that doesn't care about the laws or rules, they are for everyone else, sorry, you may be a heck of a nice guy in real life, but you haven't come across on here like that. And IF I ever see a green Chevy in Utah or Wyoming off the trail in the sage making it's own roads, I'm not going to talk, I'll be on my cell phone talking to the authorities.

Ok...Dude..... To me a jeep trail with 6" deep ruts - or even a track - isn't a road, it's offroad. Great as you think you are, you're not the only one with any judgement about stuff like this. I don't answer to you so cut the pious self righteous crap. Dude. You've turned this into something it isn't and made BS assumptions about me and my respect for the law. I don't like that.....Dude. And I'm not a heck of a nice guy, I'm mean and nasty and have no patience with certain types of people. But out hunting I'm friendly and cordial. So if you see my green Chevy truck doing something against the law, I'm sure you'll be on your cellphone, I wouldn't expect anything less from you. But don't be shy, come on over and introduce yourself, say hello. Dude.

I respectfully submit that ALL two track's started out as a set of tire track that the next guy simply followed because it was easier than starting his/her own so anyone driving on a two-track is basically "off road".
Not taking sides,,,, just saying.

I also respectfully submit that you leave the "Dude" crap for the junior high school'ers.
Unless of course, you are one. Which I doubt is the case.

JMO
Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back