Landowner Courtesy sheet #3

Critr Gitr

My name is:
My home address is:
My home telephone number is:

I very much appreciate your granting me permission to hunt on your property. As an active member in The Varmint
Hunters Association, Inc. I firmly believe in promoting good relations with landowners by conducting myself in a most professional and safety minded way. This sheet and the following list of rules are part of the Landowner Relations Program.
Always ask permission to shoot on private property.
Always leave gates the way you found them.
Report any damage you see to the landowner.
Select a gun and direction of fire that suits safety. Make sure that livestock, buildings, equipment & people are nowhere in the field of fire for your gun.
Don't drive off of marked roads without permission.
Don't drive in wet areas. Be cautious of the roads after rain. Don't drive areas which you can damage, because they are wet.
Report poachers to the authorities.
Report game law violations to the authorities.
Invite the landowner to shoot with you.
Immediately report any accidental damage you cause and make restitution.
Do not meet the landowner armed or wearing camo clothing.
Ask the landowner if he has special areas he wants you to concentrate on.
Always say good-bye, when you are done shooting for the day.
Always practice courtesy.
Make SAFETY your first priority.

GUESTS LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT

GUEST has been given permission to come upon the property Owned By__________________________( "OWNER") located in __________________________________COUNTY, of ___________ (Owners Premises).

Guests acknowledges that hunting activities on rural property such as the Owners Premises can result in injury or property damage to the person doing these activities. The many possibilities and sources of injury or damage are acknowledged by GUESTS, and he/she comes on the Owners Premises with full knowledge of such hazards.

As a part of the consideration for being allowed by owner to enjoy hunting activities on the Owners Premises, GUEST HEREBY RELEASES OWNER from all liability for personal injury (including wrongful death) or property damage suffered by GUEST which is caused, in whole are in part, by any activity or condition on the Owners Premises, even if the injury or damage is caused, in whole are in part, by the negligence of the OWNER.

GUEST agrees that Owner will not be responsible for exercising reasonable care to avoid injuring GUEST while he/she is on the Owners Premises. GUEST understands that neither he/she, nor his heirs or personal representatives will be able to sue OWNER or his associates for any injury or property damage that GUEST suffers while on the Owners Premises. GUEST HAS READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTANDS IT. HE/SHE IS SIGNING IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.

DATED_______________________________ DATED________________________________

GUEST_______________________________ OWNER________________________________

Back