Landowner Courtesy Sheet #2

Critr Gitr

Landowner Courtesy Sheet
Guest My name is:
My home address is:
My home telephone number is:
I very much appreciate your granting me permission to hunt on your property. As an active member in The Varmint
Hunters Association, Inc. I firmly believe in promoting good relations with landowners by conducting myself in a most
professional and safety minded way. This document and list of rules are part of the Landowner Relations Program.
PERMISSION, LIABILITY, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
Permission is hereby granted to the undersigned Guest for the purpose of hunting activities on land owned by the undersigned
Owner. This Permission is granted from ____________, 200_ to ____________, 200_ upon the property of the Owner located
in _____________________________COUNTY, of ______________ State (Owners Premises).
Guests acknowledges that hunting activities on rural property such as the Owners Premises can result in injury or property
damage to the person doing these activities. The many possibilities and sources of injury or damage are acknowledged by Guest,
and comes on the Owners Premises with full knowledge of such hazards. In accepting this permission the undersigned Guest
further agrees to abide and honor the following list of rules as part of the Landowner Relations Program:
1. Always ask permission to shoot on private property.
2. Always leave gates the way you found them.
3. Report any damage you see to the landowner.
4. Select a gun and direction of fire that suits safety. Make sure that livestock, buildings, equipment & people are
nowhere in the field of fire for your gun.
5. Don't drive off of marked roads without permission.
6. Don't drive in wet areas. Be cautious of the roads after rain. Don't drive in areas which you can damage.
7. Report poachers to the authorities.
8. Report game law violations to the authorities.
9. Invite the landowner to shoot with you.
10. Immediately report any accidental damage you cause and make restitution.
11. Do not meet the landowner armed or wearing camo clothing.
12. Ask the landowner if he has special areas he wants you to concentrate on.
13. Always say good-bye, when you are done shooting for the day.
14. Always practice courtesy.
15. Make SAFETY your first priority.
As a part of the consideration for being allowed by Owner to enjoy hunting activities on the Owners Premises, and in accepting
this permission, the undersigned Guest agrees to assume and release the Owner from any and all liability for personal injuries,
property damage or for loss of life or property resulting from or in any connected with the issuance of permission whether or not
due in whole or part to any act, omission, or negligence of the Owner or any of his representatives. Guest understands that
neither Guest, nor his heirs or personal representatives will be able to sue Owner or his associates for any injury or property
damage that Guest suffers while on the Owners Premises.
GUEST HAS READ THIS DOCUMENT, UNDERSTANDS IT AND IS SIGNING IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.
DATED_______________________________ DATED________________________________
GUEST_______________________________ OWNER________________________________

Back