Mojo Puppy Dog

Zack Beam

Anybody got to check one of these out? I know they do sounds and move around. How efective are they were puppys reall aint that common to see.

I'm not sure if they are out yet on the market.

I have hunted with one quite a bit though. A prototype.

It's not so much that it's a puppy that brings predators to it. It's draw for predators is that it looks like an animal, (pretty generic laying there on the ground) and it makes excellent whimpers that is of medium low volume.

I think it would be a huge help to guys that hand call. They can quit calling and let the puppy finish bringing the coyote into the stand, without having to use a coaxer, so that they can concentrate on the shot...
thumbup1.gif

For guys using an electronic caller, you can mute the caller when the coyote has committed to coming in and do the same thing. Let the puppy be the coaxer that finshes the deal.

Don't laugh too hard at it till you've seen some of the footage shot while using it.
wink.gif

There will be Mojo Outdoors TV show coming soon that was shot with Barbara & I that has the coyotes just going nuts and charging the decoy, circling the decoy at a distance of 1 foot, and one that jumps straight up in the air as it's coming in, just to catch a glimpse of what is making that movement and noise...
thumbup.gif

It adds an animation of reality to the stand....As I said, it's not the "puppy" aspect that makes it work. Anything that has four legs and adds animation to the stand will work.

Barry

Let's just hope mojo put a little more time into field testing the puppy so they can work all the bugs out of it before it gets on the shelves. The critter is great but if they woulda field tested it a little more it woulda saved a lot of people from having to make or fix the cheap plastic cases when they broke.

I looked it up on Mojo website. It does look a little silly. I don`t know how loud the puppy whines are. I just feel that the whines may interfere with my calling or my e-call. I sometimes put a Johnny Stewart Attractor under or very close to my Quiver Critter turn it on if I need to.

According to the web page you punch the button , throw it on the ground and hunt. Looks like a stuffed animal with a metal rod attached wit a furry object on to of the rod.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 Don't know what the puppy is made of. Will it pick up burrs and stickers?

It shouldn't. I hunted with it in some pretty stickery country & never had that be an issue.

Originally Posted By: john007According to the web page you punch the button , throw it on the ground and hunt. Looks like a stuffed animal with a metal rod attached with a furry object on to of the rod.

It IS kind of a stuffed animal. The motion it gets is the same technology that the Critter by Mojo has. It's designed for predator attraction. It also has a sound that plays after a delay when you turn the switch on. The sound is a whimpering pups sound that is a good coaxer.

Barry

Thanks Barry. The bulk is the only downside I see, I carry way to much crap now. LOL If I had a newborn, I'd get that intead of a teddy bear. Ought to keep their attention for a while.

Back