Help Identifying this rifle

Mousedipper

I need help identifying this rifle. What I know: It is 36" long and weighs about 4 lbs. Someone spent a ton of money on engraving. Action, Barrel and bottom metal all engraved. Caliber is .22 Hornet. Barrel is rebated about 2 inches. 14 inches of rifling, 2 inches of freebore at muzzle. Muzzle opening is about .375 caliber. I suspect European heritage. Possibly CZ or Anschutz. Any help will be appreciated, Oh by the way, It is for sale.
DSCN0588-1.jpg
DSCN0589-1.jpg
UnknownRifle004.jpg
UnknownRifle008.jpg
UnknownRifle009.jpg
UnknownRifle011.jpg
Thanks for your help

Dave

Take the pictures and post this on Saubier.com and I think you might get some takers. The guys there just might be able to help you. D

Thanks Dasher,

My post keeps getting kicked off the firearms forum by things that should be on the classifieds.

I will try your suggestion.

Ion,
You said I should give it to you, I will for $500 merican cash.
Dave

Have you taken the barrel and action out of the stock searching for any makings that might be on the metal work?
It looks very Prussian, German or Austrian, or possibly a CZ (BRNO). May be a GECO or a Kricko. I'd guess that the rebated barrel was and aftermarket gunsmith job. I've never seen a factory barrel done that way.

Martyn,

I have it totally apart and there is no identifying marks other than serial # and that is on the bottom metal. No proof marks, no name.

Dave

Quote:...I will for $500 merican cash.

Until I figured out what it was, I wouldn't be putting a price on it.

I'm thinking from looking at it, it's European. That stock style is an awful lot like my H-K. I've done some looking and haven't come up with a match.
No proof marks or anything, anywhere, huh?
That's very weird, because the Europeans are big into that. The guy that engraved it must have polished them all out.

As I think about it, it isn't even caliber marked. The dealer I bought it from called it a CZ youth model. Some one had bought it previously for 599 dollars and returned it because it was blowing primers and wouldn't feed. Well, It had 45 thousandths Headspace and the guts in the Clip were in bass akwards. I fixed the headspace problem and feed problem and it shoots fine now. Not horribly accurate but will shoot 1.5 Moa with the proper loads.

Dave

The way the bolt is designed, I was able to place a 43 thousandths shim between the front and rear sections, moving the face of the bolt forward toward the chamber. My calculations conclude that it now has about .002" headspace.

bolt closes firmly on a full length sized case now. and no protruding primers.

Dave

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like any of the CZ actions I have known. Looks closer to, but not really not that much similar, to an Anschutz. My guess would be that it is neither, but it's just a guess.......

I like it! And it even has my favorite model of Snowwis scope on it! Looks like a killer red fox squirrel gun to me!!!

Originally Posted By: duckdogNope, wrong again. That's one of those rare SNOWWIS scopes.

HAHA That is the first thing I thought of too. I'll never forget that thread.

Back