Coyote rug price

wmig2

I have someone doing a coyote rug. I was wondering if someone could give me a ballpark price. The rug includes tanning, head and mouth open, nails and felt underside. He gave me a quote of $250. Now he has it done it's almost been a year and a half. He is talking $500. It doesn't cost that much to get something tanned maybe $40. that's high. If you send it out with other furs as he did. A full mount is only $900. with game in it's mouth at another taxidermist my friend had a 50lb one done. I think this will be my first and last deal with him.
thumbdown.gif

500 sounds fair,

remember here in ky it costs about 200 for a regular tanned coyote fur alone!!
he is full mounting your head with fake eyes and teeth!!!

dont be mad its hard labor!

It's going to be different numbers in different places. Best bet is to call around locally and see what others are charging. But if he started at 250 he should honor that price.

Sounds maybe a little high, but your in New York not New Mexico so probably about normal. I don't like it when someone changes the price on me after we already agreed on one.

Current prices from one of the few guys I would ever let touch a project of mine. I'm mighty fussy about work and have dealt with screw jobs in the past so now its the best or nothing.
Lifesize...585.00
shoulder...275.00
Pedistal....300.00 plus base work.
Soft tan...aprox. 75.00 from a turned and fleshed hide.
125.00 from a raw hide which needs fleshed and turned.

I didn't ask about a rug but would venture an educated guess of about 400.00. and his work is awesome.

A rug around here is running $350.00 to $450.00 depending on who does it.

BUT, if the guy told you up front it would be $250.00 to do it up as a rug, then that's what he should be expecting to be paid when he hands it over to ya.

Just my opinion.

If you truly want a rug is one thing but if you just want the hide tanned to hang on the wall you can get it done for around 150. This is a stiff tanned hide but it is just fine for hanging on the wall.

Back