THIS IS WHAT I USE FOR TICKS<GREAT STUFF!!!!

BAYSTATE YOTE

Hi All
I have been using this stuff all year long for ticks,its called Coulston's Duranon you spray it on and let it sit for a half day,you get weeks of of protection and it does not smell real strong like some products.I have watched ticks get on my pants and ball up and fall of right away .Up here it seems that fall and early winter the ticks are thick as thieves.
thumbup.gif

What are you guys using??

http://www.shootnhunt.com/insect_repellent/2001935.html

You got that right,same here never saw one till recent times.
I never saw a leach till I went fishing, while bear hunting in the Allegash!!
smile.gif

GC, that is a good price on the Sawyer's pump bottle.

Repel brand also makes a permethrin spray. Look for "Repel Permanone Insect Repellent". I have seen it at Wal Mart. If you are tent camping you can spray that stuff around the door of your tent and it will keep the ticks out of your tent also. Great stuff.

Thanks. I'm going to order some. There is a serious epidemic with ticks around here. Last few years have been crazy. I haven't heard any reason for it. Sometimes I pull 100 or more ticks off me after a walk. It's disturbing. After and during a pheasant hunt I pull hundreds and hundreds off my dog. Too bad I can't spray him with it. He has frontline but has to be bathed, brushed and quarentined to the porch for a few hours after a hunt. I'm getting all freaked out just thinking about it. Last spring while scouting I could see them dropping out of the trees. I think they sense heat and drop.

Takem,
The most deer ticks I've ever seen was on PA gameland #169! We'd be pheasant hunting with a heavy frost on, and the ticks were everywhere! I always had Permanone on my clothing, and never had a problem, but everyone else and the dogs, got covered with ticks!
I've been using Permanone for almost 20 years and it's worth every penny I've ever spent on the stuff! I used to buy it by the case from the Permanone Company.....then they sold out to Coulston's, and Coulston's sold the name to Bayer. Is Duranon the same chemical (permethrin)as Permanone?
F1

Got a question about this stuff? I know you spray in on your clothes and then it dries.So my question is if it kills all these ticks and chiggers etc. just by contact I would like to know how dangerous it actually is to yourself.I would think you should wash your hands real good after putting your clothes on.Then natually if your out hunting your touching the clothes and might want to eat a sandwich or something.Just how toxic is this stuff? Thanks Bill

The flea and tick sprays made by Hartz and Sargent and other pet product manufacturer's contains permethrin as well and can be found in all kinds of stores. Sometimes its cheaper to buy it than the stuff designed for outdoorsmen.I have used it when I ran out of the Sawyer stuff and was out in the boonies and bought it at the convenience store.
All of these type products are not good for you if you get them on your skin but I doubt they are deadly toxic if you can spray your dog and cat with them. I have read some reports of cat deaths when sprayed and they licked the permethrin so if you ingest enough it could be a problem.So do not spray your sandwich with it and you should be OK.

Originally Posted By: bobcatspotfeverGot a question about this stuff? I know you spray in on your clothes and then it dries.So my question is if it kills all these ticks and chiggers etc. just by contact I would like to know how dangerous it actually is to yourself.I would think you should wash your hands real good after putting your clothes on.Then natually if your out hunting your touching the clothes and might want to eat a sandwich or something.Just how toxic is this stuff? Thanks Bill

You'll have the whitest teeth around, glow in the dark!
smile.gif
I dunno, been doing it for years with no ill effects yet... hopefully. Probably safer than Lyme disease from a tick bite.

Originally Posted By: bobcatspotfeverGot a question about this stuff? I know you spray in on your clothes and then it dries.So my question is if it kills all these ticks and chiggers etc. just by contact I would like to know how dangerous it actually is to yourself.I would think you should wash your hands real good after putting your clothes on.Then natually if your out hunting your touching the clothes and might want to eat a sandwich or something.Just how toxic is this stuff? Thanks Bill

they use permethrin in flea and tick treatments. Some Dogs have a bad reaction and get sick or die. There is web sites dedicated to it. It's real bad for cats. Don't let your pet kitty near it. It a carcinogen and causes all kinds of cancer with enough exposure. it's made a whole lot of lab rats very sick and dead. But I really hate ticks!

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesbobcat, you have stock in this stuff? lol I was having computer problems with this site was the reason for the ttt I'm still in the stone age how to use these things
scared.gif

Back