zero bullets in a glock?

whunt_64

I have been told that there are different bullets that you can not shoot out of glocks because of the rifling. Are the zero bullets safe to shoot? Are the Rainier LeadSafe Bullets safe to shoots as well or not. Looking at buying in bulk and the price is right. Please let me know what you guys feel.

ok there saying do not shoot soild lead bullets..jacketed bullets is good to go..i have heard of people shooting lead bullets in glocks without a problem but the glock says not to so its touch and go about it

I have shot 1000's of Rainier's in Glocks without any problems! But them I have shot 1000's of Lead bullets too without any problems either!

You just cant shoot pure lead bullets...cast-alloy is fine....and even then it's not a safety issue. Its just that the glock's polygonal rifling is not condusive to good accuracy with soft lead. I'd bet they would shoot even soft lead fine at lower velocities though.

Copper washed or copper jacketed is good to go.
They also sell replacement barrels that do not have the polygonal rifling that makes it OK to shoot lead.

I also have always heard that due to the rifleing of the Glock, don't shoot anything but jacketed bullets "in the faster calibers". I bought a Wolfe barrel to convert my 40 to shoot lasercasts in 9mm. Decided it wasn't really any cheaper to shoot those instead of Berry's bullets and not worry about lead fouling.

The original comments about the lead bullets in Glock barrels involved a propensity for the lead to build up in the stock barrels to the point that it would basically block the barrel enough to rupture...

Of course, Glock voids their warranty if you shoot reloads as well....I've fired thousands of reloads (non-lead) and never had a problem, but stayed away from lead bullets in all of them...

Back