More Grillin/smokin

Grampas Shop

Ok, new grill is getting a work out. I love it so far. Sunday was steaks, Monday was a pork loin, Tuesday was a beef roast, Thursday was brats and last night was this
3-18-10%20Meal.jpg

to die for meal. Another pork loin that I started marinating Thursday evening. It came in and started snowing yesterday afternoon, but I decided to go ahead and cook it up. Heck it will take more than 30 degrees, snow and 45 mph winds to keep me from eating.

I started out with the loin in a pan with the marinating liquid until most of it was boiled off. I then put some hickory wood on the charcoal and took the meat out of the pan. I brushed some bbq sauce on one and left the other plain. Cooked until 170* and took inside to cut up. I sliced it about 3/8" thick and you could use a fork to cut into bite size pieces and it just melted in your mouth.

Sowwy guys, OK not really. LMAO.

My new diet, since buying this grill consists of a lot of grilled meat. I have only missed one night of not cooking on the new grill at home. I even did dinner on the grill at work yesterday. We will be doing a Tool Sale/ Repair day in a couple of weeks and I need to get the grill seasoned ahead of time, so several meals need to be cooked on it.

Gandpa,

Try a rack of beef ribs on the smoker. Season them up to your taste and put them on the smoke and let the go for 6 to 8 hours. Use chips to your liking and any kind of sauce to your liking. I don't boil my beef ribd and the meat falls off the bones. Don't cook any higher than 225 degrees.
Also try hame and roasts. We don't cook those in the house anymore.

The boneless pork loins are my favorite thing to grill/smoke. Saturday evening I did a beef roast, it didnt turn out to bad, not as good as the pork though. There are very few leftovers from a 3# pork loin by the time me, the wife & 17 year old are done.

One of these days I will buy some ribs and/or brisket and put them on the grill and then do my loin. That way if it doesn't turn out I have a backup plan.

We usually buy a nice Pork Tenderloin and cut it in half since there are only two of us normally to eat...

Rub it down with a liberal mixture of Powdered Garlic, Powdered Onion, Lowry's Seasoned Salt, and Worchestershire Sauce....(thin paste)

Build a bed of coals on one side of the covered grill and place the tenderloin on a sheet of aluminum foil to the far side of the coals and then add you favorite water soaked wood chips to the coals and cover with the lid...

Takes about 2.5 hours to thoroughly cook and you will have a flavor that will keep you eating it for days..You can slice it paper thin for 'piled high' sandwiches, or a little thicker for a main entree...

Back