Your Bow

rkhood

So I was wandering if ya'll had some time I would like to see ya'lls's set-ups and maybe a little desription of what it has. ( as I am new to it and probably can't tell what is on it). THANX to anyone who post there "meat getters"

Bear Lights Out ready to shoot package HHA sight goldtip arrows and G5 broad heads.

6539s8.jpg

245eh5i.jpg

I have shot 8 hogs and 2 deer with it in the last 2 seasons.

Hope to upgrade to a Mathews reezen 6.5 later this month if i can find the cash.

Nice setup and nice deer I bet you were glad to get that buck out of the herd. Thanx for pics and the veiw from the stand was a nice touch.

It was my second deer and first buck so I was just happy to get one
grin.gif

And I got it on video couldn't ask for much more
wink.gif

I've got a handful of bows right now.

2010 BowTech Destroyer (Hunting Bow)

-Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It (wrapped, .029 on top and .019's down)
-Octane 7" Stabilizer
-Octane Bantamweight Quiver
-Octane TripWire Rest
-Victory VForce V1 350's (502 gr - 100gr brass inserts added)
-100gr Grizz Tricks

2009 BowTech Sentinel (3D Bow)

-TAP Shoot Through cable conversion
-33" B Stinger Premier XL front stabilizer
-12" B Stinger Premier XL side rod
-Vapor Trail Limb Driver
-Axcel AX3000 sight
-CR Apex 3D Scope w/ sunshade
-LP Archery Pro Light
-3x Classic Zeiss lens
-Victory Archery X-Ringer HV 350's

2008 BowTech Constitution (Indoor bow)

-33" B Stinger Premier XL front stabilizer
-12" B Stinger Premier XL side rod
-Britesite Pro Tuner rest
-Axcel AX2000 sight
-CR Apex Target scope
-Feather Vision Radura 6x lens
-Victory Archery X-Killers

I've got another 2010 BowTech Sentinel on the way that I will likely setup as my primary 3D bow, and the 09' I have now will be used for back up in tournaments in case something goes wrong. I also will have a 2010 Diamond Stud as a hunting backup in the next few months.

Last edited:
Up until this year I shot a Bowtech Allegience with 2315 aluminum arrows, a QAD ultra rest and a corba pin sight. I killed quite a few critters with that set up.

005qwv.jpg

1000009a.jpg

I was wanting to have two bows set up exactly alike. I went to the bow shop and shot the Ross Cardiac. I loved the bow. After some research I discovered that the Quest QS series is the same exact bow for about half the money. I found a couple of 2008 backstock on the classifieds of another forum. I "stole" two of them a QS31 for treestand and a QS33 for general use.
My setups now are exactly the same, Quest bow, Ripcord code red, Extreme 1000 sight, Alpine soft lock quiver, Fuse 4" stabalizer, Easton Axis Nfused 340, Muzzy Broadheads.

agj223 Nice video brother and thanx for sharing.

Gander Thanx to you to man I read your post on that deer you EARNED and really appreciate your info here.

Rick James I have a question for you bro, when you say that you are going to use a bow for "3D" What exactly do you mean. (you must remember, when it comes to bowhunting I am completely new)

I recentley purchased a bow from a classified add that I am happy with and I got it as a "steal from what I hear from people but think that I am already wanting to upgrade to "the best money can buy". Now don't get me wrong I have not yet taken any game with a bow yet but just target shooting has got me hooked so i am wanting something that is made for me and i am caring bout the cost right now so if anyone has anymore pics and specs they would be greatly appreciated. THANX and GOOD HUNTING

Not too speak for him but He's talking about "3D targets". They are the foam animal targets come in various species. You shoot them for points 12,10,8,5 Many of us shoot target leagues like five spot and 3D. He has a designated 3D bow ,while, Many of us shoot our normal hunting bows for practice.
The "best money can buy" bow is one you can shoot well. I have shot many high end bows that don't fit my shooting style. To answer your question If I were going to own a top of the line bow right now it would be the Mathews Z7.

2004 JENNINGS TROPHY MASTER
CORBA SIGHTS
WHISKER BUSICUT REST
CARBON EXPRESS ARROWS
100gr. THUNDERHEADS
not the fastest or most expensive set up by far but it works for me. forget the best money can buy idea. i have tried many top end products most are to much to worry about while hunting.learn how to shoot is first,know your limits and learn all you can about game you are hunting. i work with a few guys that buy the most expensive bowhunting stuff on the market. they come to work crying about sore muscles and this and that broke or the deer did not come near their stand. pulling to much weight is most guys problem , i shoot 52 lbs.will not shoot at longer than 30 yds shot placement is the key you can not hold a sight pin in place if your arms are shaking from to much weight. i can hold my weight for 10 minutes with ease for the right shot. the razor sharp thunderhead will do the rest.

Thanx guys... Like I said I still have a lot to learn bout the whole Bowhunting but what I meant (and should have said) was I won't let money be the reason I won't invest in the right set up that is right for me. The way I see it if I get what is right for me and I can shoot it well and be comfortable I wont have to buy another one for years

I have:

Hoyt Vectrix, 50-60 lb, set on 55, 26" draw
Hoyt Vectrix, 60-70 lb, set on 65, 26" draw
Hoyt Ultratec 60-70, 27" draw (fingers)

The first two both have Copper John Hunter sights and Rip Cord rests. I use a couple of releases- a Scott Sabertooth for hunting and a Carter Atension for target and back-tension practice. I have the "small" Vectrix setup for field points and the "big" one for broadheads.

I shoot fingers with the Ultratec. I shot fingers for 30 years before going to a release 4-5 years ago. Since the Ultratec isn't worth much on the used market, I decided to keep it around for finger shooting. Works very well for that. It's wearing a Superstar rest and Tru-Glo sight.

I'm a lousy bowhunter and mostly just shoot 3D and spots.

2006 Hoyt Trykon XL 70# 27 1/2" draw
Quik Tune 360 arrow rest
Copper John Single-Pin Sight
Easton Axis 400 arrows tipped with Rage 3-Blade Broadheads.

Mathews Reezen 6.5

G5 peep

Ripcord rest

68# at 28"

Carbon express 350's

Muzzy 100 grain

String stop

Mathews claw 5 arrow quiver

Mathews Switchback XT
Schaffer drop-away rest
G5 5 pin sight
some cheap no-name doinker and sling
Mathews Claw quiver
Easton 2315 XX78 aluminum (dipped crested)
Thunderhead 100gr

Mathews SBXT
Mathews HDII rest
Sureloc sight with a Classic scope-no lens
Mathews quiver
Octane stabilizer
Bemans Arrows
and about 6 different broad heads depending on where and what i am hunting.

Back