17hmr Specific Scopes

Wallbass45

I have seen BSAs Sweet 17 and others that I guess you can change POI for use with 17HMRs. I don't know anything about them and would like some Input. How do they work? How do you like them? Are they worth the Money? Bushnell has one thats 3.5x10x36mm AO Has anyone used this?......Thanks Jeff
confused.gif

I have the BSA 4-12x40 sweet 17 and its alrite but its not as they avertise. none of the marks matched the specified distances so i just shot it and made my own marks. i was able to shoot a 6-7 inch group at just a little past 300 yards with it. It does the job but i wouldnt buy another one. Ill put a nikon with the bdc reticle on my next 17 hmr

+1 Nikon scopes. i have a 3-9-40 buckmaster on my 17. It does not have the bdc but all my other varmint guns do. You can't go wrong with a Pro staff for the money.

I'm no fan of cheap scopes, but, on a whim, I picked up one of the Cabela's brand .17 HMR specific scopes. Believe it or not, it's pretty accurate.

The clarity of the glass leaves a little to be desired, but I've checked the repeatability of the turrets several times out to 200, and they work well.

I realize 200 yards isn't much, but it gives you an idea.

It was only $100, or just over, so I think it was money well spent.

Back in Dec a coworker and I went to check out the Cabela's 17hmr scope for his hmr and the guy behind the counter said they have nothing but problems with them and highly advised not getting one. He said they are returned all the time. He said that Cabela's was probaly going to drop them from the line of scopes. My budy passed on it. Guy behind the counter was one of the managers there to he said he was just being honest and didnt feel the scopes where worth buying and had some major flaws.

Back