Finally!!!! 1st trapped coyote!! And 2nd in two days!!

lanole

Well, I guess everything I learned at the trapping seminar a couple of weekends ago finally paid off. My son and I were pulling our weekend traps today and to our suprise, we finally were able to catch our first coyote. Man, are we psyched now!! Caught him on a dirthole set about 50 yards from a gutpile. I was using HLW's horsemeat bait in the hole. Man what a relief to get that first one out of the way. Here are some pics...

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

The remake...
PICT0008.jpg

Last edited:
And it wont be your last.......
Trappin your first yote....great
That ear hold your son has....even greater
Makin memories with your son and his big ol' smile ...priceless

Congrats to both of you..
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: sweatybettycongrats!! you two are also some of the best dressed trappers that i have ever seen
grin.gif

HaHaHa. Don't tell my wife we were out checking traps right after Sunday School.

Last edited:
Here's our second coyote in as many days. Starting to get my little brothers intersted in trapping now. Anything to get them outdoors and away from the video games. They can't wait to get home from school to go help me and my son check all the traps. My dad and stepmom say its all they'll talk about at dinner. I know it won't always be this good, but trapping these coyotes is starting to all come together now. Thanks HLW for the great bait!!

PICT0017.jpg

Nice going and getting the youngins involved is an added bonus. You gonna teach Momma how to skin em and put em up? lol

I wish we could still trap here.

Back