The best light!!! Period, so far...

Chad Walk

As alot of you may know, just about all of the predator hunting I do is in the dark....I have tried every light in the predator hunting world and on the coon hunting end of it also....I have come across a light that is unbelievable!!!!This is a light you can shine and shoot by with also!!! This is the Fenix light....This light is the TK30....This light is listed at 630 Lumens and let me tell you it is bright!!! I have mine mounted on a R-15 with a mount that Fenix offers also...This light is only about $150.00...If you dont wont chords to deal with, then this is the light!!! As far as burn time goes I have bought extra rechargeable batteries and keep them in my pocket...I get about 4hrs of continues burn time off of each fresh battery change....I honesly think this is the best of both worlds as far as shining and shooting all in one light....Dont get me wrong, Light Force makes a great light and I have taken lots of predators with one but as far as not lugging around a battery and not dealing with chords then you guys need to take a look at this one....This is my opinion and I really like this light...Here is the link and some pics of the light on my rifle...

Check it out here...
http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=109

100_2650.jpg

100_2652.jpg

100_2653.jpg

Happy hunting!!!

Chad

Thats a great looking light Chad. I was wondering what setting you run it on for scanning then for the shot. Also how easily does it go from the gun bracket to hand held for scanning. I seen these lights on the maxpedition web site when I ordered a pack a few months ago and really liked them. I have a 60 lumen flashlight and think it's bright so I can't imagine how bright this thing is even with the red filter.

Chad I am glad you discovered this light. It is extremely well made and reasonably priced. There are other brands which preform as well also. I have been touting this type of light for a couple of years. There are also ways to mount it to a scope. Good info Chad. The heavy battery and wire thing is what made me gravitate to LED in the first place and the technology has improved vastly in the last couple of years.

Good looking setup you got going there bud! You better make sure it's all accounted for Sunday evening
sneaky2.gif
or it might have a new home!!! I'd get it back to you around the end of July sometime...
tt2.gif

Are you using this light for scanning and shooting, or just shooting? If it's just a shooter, seems like the pressure switch they have on the website would be a good addition to it.

Hillbilly, I don't know what Chad does but when I am scanning and pick up eyes I see if the critter is responding. If it is I then switch to the gun light and use that to follow it in. I don't use a pressure switch even though I have them. I just turn on the light and leave it on. Pressure switches have a tendency to fail at the wrong time, for me at least.

Originally Posted By: mbowermaHillbilly, I don't know what Chad does but when I am scanning and pick up eyes I see if the critter is responding. If it is I then switch to the gun light and use that to follow it in. I don't use a pressure switch even though I have them. I just turn on the light and leave it on. Pressure switches have a tendency to fail at the wrong time, for me at least.

mbowerma is right...I dont use a pressure switch...I just turn it on at the back of the light and leave it on...I have found other lights on ebay that are cheaper and have more lumens...Here is another light that Im looking at also...I think this would be a good one too..
thumbup1.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTE-M3-2I-Flashlight...=item3efd0ae829

Chad

Hey Chad, that looks like a pretty good set up. Is that a Butler Creek scope cap with red filter or a Fenix accessory? I didn't see the picatinny mount on their website either. Looks like it only weighs about 7-8 oz. without batteries. Might have to try one. thanks for the heads up!

Kevin

Originally Posted By: Yotes2Callcould you positively identify an animal and shoot out to 300 + yards with this like you can a Lightforce ?

You must have good eyes if you can identify and shoot 300+yds with a light force. We hunt with a 170 and 2 140's, and we can barely pull off 200+yd Fox shots.

Originally Posted By: dzlfarmboy
You must have good eyes if you can identify and shoot 300+yds with a light force. We hunt with a 170 and 2 140's, and we can barely pull off 200+yd Fox shots.

Exactly. I don't put much stead in any claims of 300 yard positive ID's with any light.

In Wyoming, that is a very realistic shot. We run our Leica BRF's to confirm all ranges at night. One of us is running light and rangefinder and other is designated shooter with scope mounted light.

The Binocular / rangefinder combo is great for identification and ranging. We have so many deer and antelope, you have to know what your possible target is. Bobcats will show too and are illegal to shoot here at night.

Just looking for something more portable for the longer walks.

Guess I'll stick with what I know works !

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chad WalkOriginally Posted By: mbowermaHillbilly, I don't know what Chad does but when I am scanning and pick up eyes I see if the critter is responding. If it is I then switch to the gun light and use that to follow it in. I don't use a pressure switch even though I have them. I just turn on the light and leave it on. Pressure switches have a tendency to fail at the wrong time, for me at least.

mbowerma is right...I dont use a pressure switch...I just turn it on at the back of the light and leave it on...I have found other lights on ebay that are cheaper and have more lumens...Here is another light that Im looking at also...I think this would be a good one too..
thumbup1.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTE-M3-2I-Flashlight...=item3efd0ae829

Chad get it cheaper here link where did you get the red cap for your light?

I agree. I have bought allmost every light on the market. This Cree light is the best. Super powerful and it lasts along time on the batteries. A real winner.

Go to DXDEALEXTREME on the web. You buy these lights alot cheaper. The light i have is a CREE XR-E Multi-power 7.4-17 V.I love the light. Prices are $35.00 to $45.00 The best is the Unifire VF 1500 L. PRICED AT $67.21. 1100 LUMINS

Last edited:
Back