TT call question...

njshadowwalker

1. With the TT mini there are extra o rings and plastic pieces. I assume the plastic pieces are soundboards? And if so what use do they have? Am i supposed to add more or something or are they just replacements? And how do i go about replacing? Do i move the o ring to tune the sound etc?? A quick overview would be very much appreciated.

2. There was no o ring or extra boards with the howler. I assume there wasnt supposed to be but figured Id check. Also is the mouth piece removeable or will it not have the right sound?

I tried asking Tony, but He's probably busy guiding or working on calls. Thanks for any help

The extra reed( plastic piece) is just incase you lose the one that came on it, and the sound board does not come out on the Mini and dont really know on the howler , not sure which one you have but dont worry Tony will get back to you soon ,is on a hunt today but will prolly be on here late tonight for a few min. Thanks Billy

Billy was correct, I'm guiding this week, but done for this evening.

The extra reed material is called Mylar. I send extra, incase you bend or lose the orignal reed. You can cut yourself a replacement reed. The green band is a spare, incase you lose or want to replace the original, down the road. It is used to hold the reed in place. I generally replace my reed each new season, but have gone 3 seasons on the same reed on my personal 'go to' call.

To cut a new reed, study the orignal and use it as a pattern to cut new ones with scissors.

The Cedar River howler has a reed lock design that does not allow the reed to be easily lost. If it is ever bent, just contact myself and I can hook you up with a replacement. The mouthpiece is removable and can be used as a distress call, as a bonus. I generally don't remove mine, and use it strictly as a howler.

I believe there is a video in the works that will greatly help with getting familiar with an open reed call and howler.
wink.gif

Hope this helps...

Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeI believe there is a video in the works that will greatly help with getting familiar with an open reed call and howler.
wink.gif

LMAO Tony, is it your video
grin.gif
? Let us know when it's available!!!!!

Arden

Back