STEAK!!!

MUDSLINGER

Any of you have a good marinade for steaks. Have a few in the freezer i need to use up and was looking at doing something different then the usual A-1. Thanx

Mudslinger, If you like Bleu Cheese, I have one that will melt in your mouth and feed the whole family...or at least four-six people...

Have the butcher cut a Sirloin steak two inches thick and you want it to weigh pretty close to three pounds..

Marinate it for 24 hours in a bottle of Italian salad dressing, turning it at 12 hours...

Fire up a charcoal grill and have the coals about 5 inches from you grilling surface...

Depending on how you like your steak cooked, will determine how long you leave it over the coals, but you only turn it once..I like mine about Medium (warm, pink center, but not bloody) and leave mine on for about seven minutes on each side. Be sure to drain the majority of the dressing off the steak before putting on the grill, as the excess oil will cause a flame-up... a little won't hurt the meat, but you don't want it to burn..

When you turn the meat the first time, cover the cooked side of the steak with about 4oz. of crumbled Bleu Cheese and cover the meat on the grill with a roasting pan lid to trap the heat on top of the meat and it will melt the Bleu Cheese into the surface of the meat...the rest will run into the fire..remember, you only turn the meat one time...

Keep in mind that the Italian dressing will be all through the meat and will speed up the cooking process, so don't leave the meat on any longer than what you need..

I use the following times for results....5 minutes each side for Rare, 7 minutes for Medium, and 9 minutes for Well...That's at five inches above the bed of coals...I've never tried it with a gas grill, so those times might be different..

To serve, you can cut the steak into portion size chunks, but I generally will slice mine in pretty close to 1/4" strips for plate service...

I've often thought of trying this with Parmesean cheese instead of Bleu Cheese, but I like the Bleu Cheese so much that I hate to change it..

Enjoy...

Not sure what kind of steaks you have. Here's one that I do on occasion. I take flank steak and marinate it in the juice from a can a of jalapenos. Grill/Sear hot over an open fire with mesquite wood. Let it rest covered for 20 minutes, slice it up and make some tacos. Use the jalapenos in the tacos, good stuff!

Bill that sounds DEEEEEElicious.
tt1.gif
I may not be able to wait till spring to get at the BBQ.
lol.gif

Back