What IS the Predator Masters Hunt?

rockinbbar

Since we have new members show up here daily, and since some members have never been to the hunt, I thought that I would take this opportunity to explain a little about how the Hunt started and what is about.

Ten years ago, the First PM Hunt was held.

Predator Masters founder, Will Craig wanted the Hunt to be place where PM Members got together and had a good time!

It is an event where we all get to have great food, meet new people, visit with the people that you already know, and get some coyote hunting in and share this brotherhood & the craft of calling predators with our friends. The main banquet on Saturday night is where we offer members a chance to take home some really nice prizes that are donated by our sponsors. There's a huge raffle, a great banquet meal, perhaps a card raffle or two for bigger prizes, and everyone has fun!

Beyond that, it's the time of year that we announce the winners of the Will Craig Award for contributions by that individual for our sport.

What benefits do we as members see from the hunt?

TREMENDOUS benefits have been cultivated since the first hunt.

But, you have to be a Predator Masters Member to attend or participate!

Predator Masters awards THREE annual scholarships now.
These PM Scholarships go to YOUR kids...or YOUR Grandkids!
It helps them with their first year of college. We can all use a little help with that.

Predator Masters also attends events such as the World Predator Expo. There, we educate our youth about predators, and why as well as how we hunt them. We also recognize our sponsors at these events, and the contributions that THEY make to give back to the people that support them.
We recognize those that have taken on the time honored task of hand building calls that we use to hunt predators! These guys are special, and need to have the credit that is due them. It takes talented hands and an artists eye to bring true craftsmanship from raw materials.

Predator Masters.com has been for the past several years THE spot to come to to learn about new innovative products, the best tools of the trade. From a fine precision rifle, to what caller to hunt with...Your questions are all answered here at PM. Anything that has to do with the sport that we enjoy, or even keeping up to date in upcoming legislation, you can find the latest up to date information that you need here.

Predator Masters always keeps a family environment. You have sons & daughters, and wives that learn and read here too. We keep the talk clean and the subject matter at hand untainted by lesser than desirable characters.

Will Craig, our founder never got to make it to the first PM Hunt. He knew it was happening, and he helped organize that hunt from the comfort of his home before he passed away.

The continued tradition of what Will Craig said he wanted still continues. It's always been our main fundraiser here at PM. It keeps Predator Masters.com operating and continuing to bring that information that you want straight to your office or liveing room...absolutely FREE of charge. We have never charged for membership to PM, nor will we. It will always be free.

I currently hold the position of Hunt Director. I help organize the hunt, in other words. In my opinion, this upcoming Hunt is the best it's ever been. The Prize Pool, the Events, the Meals, the Lodging, and the MEMBERS participating, whether as attendees, or non-attendees, is the best we have ever seen as well.

There are few questions that I get from time to time about the hunt.

Is it a Coyote Hunting "Contest"?

No. It never has been, nor will it ever be a contest. Just friends hunting, and practicing their craft. No awards, cash or otherwise have ever been given for hunting at our event. The reward of calling up predators is award enough!

What is the EggShoot?
The EggShoot IS a contest!
It is held on Saturday afternoon before the Big Banquet. Members compete by killing eggs.
The winners of that contest claim great prizes, like a new Custom AR15 rifle, or a state of the art digital caller.
Everyone smiles, laughs and has fun. Some get frustrated with their shooting, and some don't even shoot well enough to get frustrated.

Can my kids come?

We WELCOME them! And your wife too!
That's what we are about here at PM.
Kids even get the great banquet meals free! (Along with a great PM Hunt T-Shirt)

****What this has always boiled down to is good old fashioned fun for everyone.****

PM has fantastic Guest Speakers, Lively Events, Great Food, Fantastic Prizes and True Experience to draw from for your next hunt!

Whether you can attend, or not, please consider being a part of fun!
It's participation by our members that allows us to keep doing all the POSITIVE things we do. It keeps our website FREE, and it informs everyone about the true meaning of sportsmanship, friendship, and continues what Will Craig started 9 "Hunts" ago.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the hunt! If not, then I'm looking forward to putting YOUR name on the Non-Attendees list of members that get to participate, but not attend.

If myself, or any one of our quailfied Staff Members can answer any questions you have about the 2010 Predator Masters Hunt/Convention, please let us know. We all welcome your input, and strive to bring you the very BEST that predator hunting can offer!

Thank you for taking the time and interest to read this.

Barry Stewart
Predator Masters 2010
Hunt Director

Nicely done Barry. I wish I could attend, but I wish all of our fellow PM members a safe journey to and from the 10th Hunt.

Back