Jan,Moon calling reports...The moons at 70% let the fun start..

New_Coyote

Well guys the moon is at 70% so the fun start !!Yippy!!
smile.gif
You know the drill bring on the story's and pic..
smile.gif

I hope this moon is way better then last one we had thats for dam sure... LOL
It think it should be for sure I think the males are getting all jacked up and the females are getting frisky let the howls ring out it sure will be nice to here them doing there coyote talk I cant wait....

Well good luck to everyone that makes it out this moon, hunt hard and be safe out there...

Chris...
smile.gif

Sounds like the wind is going stay blowing all night. Think we are heading out tomorrow night. At least it will be colder this week. Any friends get together this year Chris?

hope my luck from last moon carries through to this one, i will be heading out tonight, little less wind would be nice. good luck to everyone! shoot straight

Hey Todd..
I wanted to do it this moon but I seem to ran out of time.. It would be hard to put together in a few days
frown.gif
If we have snow next moon it will be on for sure have a little more time to plan a head and do some calling around : )..
I new I should have done it this month Dam me... Sorry guys my bad..
frown.gif

Well good luck to all of you I think im going to stay in tonight do to high winds feels like the Dakota's out there today..LOL.. Ok not funny I want to get out and get some calling in dangit!!!
STOP BEING SO DANG WINDY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll make some calls to throw something together for Sat night. It was fun to meet at the cafe the next morning after the hunt. So if anyone is interested let me know. Little or no money, just stories the next morning from the guys that get out. I'm assuming most guys will be out anyways.

Well im not sure that Ill be around till later that night I got to go with the g-f to some party deal Im guessing I wont be around till after midnight bummer..Well just give me a call when you know what the deal is...
smile.gif

Dam I forgot to add me and Chris made two sets last night both were dry..
frown.gif
The air temp was ok the wind was kind of crazy thought but not to bad...
Heading back out to night hope for lower winds and to bag one or two...
smile.gif
Good luck to all..

Last edited:
I would love to tag along as well. But I am in the same position as Chris(dinner party until midnight) I live in Buffalo so I could meet a group, or you Chris, after that??? PM me if interested.

Phil, the picture by your name brings back some great memories
grin.gif

Last edited:
The january moon is here and so is the cold. I am planning on getting out this week also. I really need to get this monkey off my back.

well the luck continues made 4 sets tonite, took phil out with me and well called in 6 yotes saw 8 and put the lead to 3 of them and missed 2, pics up soon

Originally Posted By: wackum_stackumpics up soon

laugh.gif
Yeah if I can remember how
smile.gif
I think it'll have to wait till tomorrow guy's. I'm a bit rusty here. I'll have to relearn how to do it all over agian since there have been changes made to the site.

Story and pics to come though!

OK got it!

Joined Josh tonight. He had darts so were not able to get out till like 11pm or so. 4 sets.

1st set nothin.

2nd set I here a yote in the distance early on but she does'nt talk long. Josh had been calling for probly 25+mins and was on his last sound when they showed up fashionably late. They stepped into the opening a couple hundred yards out. One hung up and the other charged in. I could have waited and shot gunned it the way it was approaching but at 65 steps I was done spectating. I barked her to a stop and BANG-SLAP!

3rd set we get outa the truck and as we take our 1st step towards our hide a coyote trots behind the truck, Crosses the field in front of us, And we get into firing postion. Yote would not stop. We let a few running shots go with no glory. After we reload and make another step towards our hide to call, We see what we now think was the same coyote cross the driveway in front of the truck going back from where it came. No shots fired this time. Just did'nt present a shot.

Get out to the spot. One howls imidiately from when Josh made the first sound on the caller. And it's in the stuff we're calling to
thumbup1.gif

After maybe 1.5 mins Joshs' gun barks. It barks again and again. The yote came out but would not stop for him.

Set #4 was a doosey.
Had 3 hard chargers come from the south in single file right off the bat. I barked the leader to a stop fearing they were dangerousley close to Joshes down wind.

BANG AND SLAP goes the bullet at 152 steps. I take a running shot. Josh turns and does the same. Josh was quick to get on the pup distress and one of the yotes circled AAAALLLLLL the way around and tried to approach from the North. It ended up laying dead 65? steps from the end of Joshs' smokin gun barrel as he scored kill #2 of the set.

All females tonight. One adult and two youngins.

Thats the breath of fresh air I needed after my December moon doldrums.

Congrats Boys! Nice looking yotes. We did see some at least. Called in a 3 pack, they arrived directly downwind. Saw 2 coyotes and 1 red driving. Tonight should be good again for all.

First Congrats to the both of you nice storys and pic's
smile.gif

Made 3 sets lastnight with Chris...
smile.gif

Chris ended up making a set before me and him meet up he called one in im sure he will tell the story some time today and he seen 3 from the road..

Set#1..
Well one the ones Chris seen from the road he thinks it was a fox and it went in to the stuff he can call so we called it....
smile.gif

Chris was doing the calling on the hill side watching the good stuff I was kind of on the down wind on a ridge over looking the big field..
First sound about 3 mins into it I heard a crunch come from way down wind by the highway so I turn around and boom there was one coming from across the high way dam him thank god he kind of took the up wind side cuz if he did not it would have been a 400 yard shoot... EKKS!!
Anyways Chris turned a new sound on and he like it here he comes just walking he got with then 175 yards and I thought to my self what if he darts down wind on me
frown.gif
Humm he came a little more he stoped I put the cross hair's on his chest and BOOM SLAPPPPPPPP!!! Yippy dead dog...
Chris tryed the pup cry and one other sound and no more takers end of set..
167 yard kill adult male nice fur and he is fat guy...
smile.gif

Set#2 and 3 dry..
The computer is being really dum I hope this works...

DSCN0096.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work guys! I guess I should have been out last night... I was still recovering from an out of state duck and goose trip, so Thursday will be the first night out for me. Looks too windy tonight according to Accuweather.

Back