R-15 or AR-15

dalarocha

ok guys ! I don`t know alot about these guns but the r-15 looks so cool I might get one.My question is ,what is the difference between r-15 and ar-15? or if any? As i type this I am trying to remember who I was talking to the other day that had a ar-15 for sale.Can I make that look like the r-15 with some mods?

The R-15 is made by Remington and is camo dipped. AR-15 is a type of gun, like a 1911. Each manufacturer may call it something a little bit different. That being said the R-15 is a quality gun. There are plenty others out there too.

Depends on what you want. The flavor of the week is the R-15, but next week it will be something different. They're the Leggo of weapons.

Better read up on Remington R-15s on AR sites. Not too many favorable reports compared to other manufacturers like RRA, Stag, DPMS & Oly.

My R-15 has performed flawlessly shooting groups under an inch with factory ammo all the way to functioning everytime I've had it out hunting in -20 degree weather. I have nothing to compare it to as its my first AR type gun but I would encourage you to shop around and see what fits you best. I chose the R-15 cause the majority of my hunting is coyote hunting and I wanted something light that I could swing fast, make quick follow up shots, and still had accuracy to back it up. Very happy

My R15 has been nothing but great & very accurate, 1/2"-3/4" @ 100 yds.
Its been out in -32* weather and 100* weather, a flawless hunting rig.
Its just like any other good AR out there. Everything is interchangable between 99% of them.

The R15 is pretty much a bushmaster AR15 same company.I'd tell you to get a different brand but if your set on it get one and have fun with it.

After using a couple of black ARs I determined that Remington w/ Byron's help set up the R15 for hunting. Lightweight, accurate, cammo, 18 or 20 barrel. I love mine.

TrickedR-152.jpg

R15s-1.jpg

The R-15(.223) is made from the bushmaster side of Remington and the R-25(.308) is made from the DPMS side of Remington. Thats what I heard. I also like the R-15 but I think it can only shoot .223 and not 5.56 like alot of other brands that can shoot both loads. This may not be a big deal to you, but I shoot both .223 and 5.56 out of the same rifle but it is rated for both. Just make sure the barrel says it can shoot both I guess or just ask the manufacturer for a more definite answer. Good luck, I know you will like any AR you choose

Back