UGLY DRUM SMOKER

Originally Posted By: LeviSSThat is awesome! I just found this section on the forum...I thought I'd been everywhere.

Is the valve on the side for controlling the oxygen and temperature?

If you have the diagram handy could you pm it to me? Thanks! P.M. Sent!

Originally Posted By: rprinceozzy,
I'd like a copy of it myself, looks like a good design.

Thanks!

I'm gonna put up a layout here in a day or 2. Stay tuned. Gonna redo pics and give some links. Thanks.

Once you start using a U.D.S..........
you'll wonder why you didn't get one years ago !

010-4.jpg

Originally Posted By: ernOnce you start using a U.D.S..........
you'll wonder why you didn't get one years ago !

010-4.jpg

Nice smoke stack's my friend! That's what Im talking about! Once you go UGLY ya never turn back!
smile.gif

Heres my layout. I parted out my Brinkman smoker, it served me well but on to bigger and better. I used the grills for a firebox, handles and the door, the rest got tossed. I bought a couple of replacement Weber grills at Home Depot for the 22.5" grill. I also bought the thermometer at H.D. thats on my lid. All hardware is stainless, little pricey but no worry of toxic fumes. I put bolts at 13-20-30 inch from the bottom. I put the water/catch pan at the 13" when smoking. For grilling I use the water pan as a charcoal tray at the 20" level and move the other grate up to the 30" level. The ball valve is for air restriction to drop the heat. The wheels I just bolted to the bottom without any additional support. The vents in the lid are 1 1/4" pipe flanges witha 1 3/4 hole in the lid. I started with 1 vent and found out that the heat was not uniform so I added 2 more. If you put 1 in the center it would draw correctly. I didnt, so thats why theres 3. Live and learn, 3 vents actually works pretty good as you want the smoke to flow out of the smoker and not collect. And last pic is a swing out thermometer holder. I used velcro to hold the sending unit, the base is on my desk.

smokerlayout.jpg

thermometer.jpg

Back